Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 2020 Hybrid - Recall

Mikw

Got my DCIM reprogramming recall booked up for this Friday, had it booked for a few weeks now. Got sent an email about "online check in" at the dealers tonight. I've just completed the process and in the "pdf" file received it also says they're going to do a recall for the damper plate assembly as well.

Presunably this is the damper plate which some owners have had fail?  My car has been faultless since i had it so always a bit reluctant to have them do things to it. If it ain't broke don't fix it e.t.c

However, i guess it's for the best i get them both done. For a layman such as myself i guess it would be quite a bit job to do the damper plate, hopefully it'll all be done in the same day.

Funnily enough i watched the classic Arnie film "Total Recall" the other day.......

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hi 

I got a recall also …. But I will do all of them when requested. Toyota is known for recalls but this I see it as a good thing, most companies do them after they get some accidents, Toyota seems to try and avoid that.

• Like 1

I can just wait because if its recalled its also service time in 9 or 10 weeks.

This is only for a certain batches of production date cars, not all mk4 as it was on the tsb shared by other members. It is a big job, engine out of the car. 
Some owners may never experience hybrid system malfunction until one day they need a faster pull away, push the pedal to the metal, hit a crack on the road and lose all power while overtaking on the motorway, definitely something that no one wants. It can be very scary indeed. 
Highly recommended to check your Yaris is one of these and get it done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

This is only for a certain batches of production date cars, not all mk4 as it was on the tsb shared by other members. It is a big job, engine out of the car. 
Some owners may never experience hybrid system malfunction until one day they need a faster pull away, push the pedal to the metal, hit a crack on the road and lose all power while overtaking on the motorway, definitely something that no one wants. It can be very scary indeed. 
Highly recommended to check your Yaris is one of these and get it done.

Blimey, if the engine comes out of the car i hope they can do it all today, i need it for tomorrow!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mikw said:

Blimey, if the engine comes out of the car i hope they can do it all today, i need it for tomorrow!

The part is bolted to the crankshaft flywheel, I don’t know if they can do it without taking engine out, it will be either transmission out or both together, or maybe they have a magic and can do as they are on the car, just separate them and work between both in the gap. The Indian style. 🫢 image.thumb.jpeg.6c6b98f48ab6722d0c412ebc6f30e0fa.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8a32cf5e0b998363fc2a9820a962d4dd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3f7d97ae3fd4f44c3b367e9fcaffdc2e.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, they got both Dcim recall and damper plate in 5 hours!

Apparently there was a Toyota "Master technician" there doing a batch.

• Like 2

I'm kinda glad they've upgraded this to a recall and not just a TSB, although I still haven't been able to make it happen again!

I just hope they get a master technician for mine if I get the recall, as I no longer have any confidence in my dealer's abilities outside of servicing, and would have taken the Leave well-enough alone/If it ain't broke don't fix it path!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

I'm kinda glad they've upgraded this to a recall and not just a TSB, although I still haven't been able to make it happen again!

I just hope they get a master technician for mine if I get the recall, as I no longer have any confidence in my dealer's abilities outside of servicing, and would have taken the Leave well-enough alone/If it ain't broke don't fix it path!

You can check on their site if your car is from the affected and part of the recall and book together with your next service. Better done sooner than later. This part is expensive and if me I will get it sorted asap as many will follow and then might be a longer waiting time, and imagine at this time exactly happens to have your fail , you are left without car for some time. If any recalls comes up I am first to book, even if the recall job worth more than my car I still gonna be first 😂 , basically the only time my car visit dealers, perhaps that’s why 🫢

If this was the issue with the damper failing I'd do, but this is just for it slipping and triggering the hybrid system malfunction warning that I've already had. Since I know that doesn't affect the operation of the car, I'm not in a rush, esp. since I've been unable to get it to happen again despite trying to deliberately trigger it so I could take it to the dealership for the TSB!

The recall checker says mine has no outstanding recalls but TBH it said that before, after the first recall (The related one that stops the car shutting down when it senses damper slip, although that didn't apply to mine it turned out, which is why I still had full operation of the car when I had the slip), but I've had like, 2 more recalls done on this in the past 3 services I think? (All software as far as I remember)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links