Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

AYGO 13 rogue fuse

DaveLL

Anyone any idea what the fuse link relates too? No fuse fitted.

Car driving fine but horn not working. Looks a beefy cable, plenty of amps!!!

IMG_20230829_115415096_HDR.jpg

Looks aftermarket to me. Audio system?

Agree looks a whole lot newer that any other kit under the bonnet, as I say no fuse fitted and everything's working OK (Including audio) apart from the horn. Not had the car long so couldn't say if the horns ever worked. Looks a big Cross Sectional Area cable as though it is intended to pull some amperage. Disappears around the back of the bonnet lining and into the drivers compartment through the steering column loom...Strange.

its a wiring kit for a sub or amp, looks like a 4awg, so someone was into their bass - have a look under the boot carpet

horn not working It's either a blown fuse, bad horn or iffy relay, going off the Amp install it's more than likely had a louder horn or air horns

Edit. 4 AWG over 3 meters will do 75 - 120 amps or 700 -1350w RMS, what's enough to rattle Macky D's windows from the car park and get you banned

its a wiring kit for a sub or amp, looks like a 4awg, so someone was into their bass - have a look under the boot carpet...

Correct, said 25mm power cable is floating around in the boot cavity with speaker leads, now redundant. Fuse pulled so no drama, will remove at some point.

Just need to sort the no horn issue, fuse looks good, no other warning lights on (Air bag etc) would suggest clock spring/spiral cable OK, not hearing relay energising and clicking in, I'll have a look at that first. Cheers.

The relay is a PITA to get to been away from car audio a while with my own system, nice to know i still have the knack for it

On 8/29/2023 at 2:50 PM, flash22 said:

The relay is a PITA to get to been away from car audio a while with my own system, nice to know i still have the knack for it

Great information and pic cheers. I'll have to muster up some enthusiasm and do a bit of digging!!!

2 minutes ago, DaveLL said:

Great information and pic cheers. I'll have to muster up some enthusiasm and do a bit of digging!!!

Looking like R5 according to the multiple and conflicting diagrams on Google...😁

• Like 1

Sorry, i have may have given you some erroneous information

Mk1 horn relay is a solid state relay integrated into the fuse box, it's the dim relay that in the front relay box (2005 - 2014)

It's the Mk2 that has the horn relay in the that relay box

I didn't pick up on this fact until today, and nobody called me out on it (what's unusual)

I'm only human, this one slipped the net

R5 main fuse box - solid state, soldered to the PCB

https://fuse-box.info/toyota/toyota-aygo-ab10-2005-2014-fuses-and-relay

56 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Sorry, i have may have given you some erroneous information

Mk1 horn relay is a solid state relay integrated into the fuse box, it's the dim relay that in the front relay box (2005 - 2014)

It's the Mk2 that has the horn relay in the that relay box

I didn't pick up on this fact until today, and nobody called me out on it (what's unusual)

I'm only human, this one slipped the net

R5 main fuse box - solid state, soldered to the PCB

https://fuse-box.info/toyota/toyota-aygo-ab10-2005-2014-fuses-and-relay

No apology fella, appreciate your input and information, soldered to the circuit board does not sound good but being solid state should give it some longevity. As they say always look for the obvious, broken wire as it enter the spade crimp connector on the horn itself, just need someone with the hands of a 2 year old or its bumper off time. Again appreciate your input.

The horn circuit is simple enough, 1 power feed. Feeds both the control and load side of the relay, the horn button acts as a ground side switch, it could be the clock spring as the horn is one of the outer traces on the internal ribbon cable

KGB10 horn diagram.pdf

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links