Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Change infotainment system Auris 2011

Dharma_Rebel

Hi,

I'm interested wether it is possible to change the infotainment system of an 2011 Auris Hybrid to one with Apple Carplay?

Ty,

Andy

• 1 month later...

Did you manage to find a head unit? I've just bought a 2011 Auris for my son and would like to do the same but need Android Auto. Any help appreciated

image.thumb.png.388e9cf9703159e9e8f8cda9d872e3f3.png    Add a player like this, you won't regret. I like it very much after the phone connects to, I use only the player through my stock radio, so I forget about FM radio, CDs or USB sticks...

In addition I have front and back DVR, ADAS function, reverse camera and not in the last, hands free phone.

There's no never need to update it because it doesn't have Android operation system.

BTW, I removed the old Parrot hands free, is useless...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tavy said:

image.thumb.png.388e9cf9703159e9e8f8cda9d872e3f3.png    Add a player like this, you won't regret. I like it very much after the phone connects to, I use only the player through my stock radio, so I forget about FM radio, CDs or USB sticks...

In addition I have front and back DVR, ADAS function, reverse camera and not in the last, hands free phone.

There's no never need to update it because it doesn't have Android operation system.

BTW, I removed the old Parrot hands free, is useless...

Hi tavy, maybe a link to that unit will help 

• Like 1

Never knew these head units were available for general sale.  Not sure I would be comfortable fitting something like this and I wonder how much it would cost to have it professionally installed.

Considering you don't use the old head unit anymore, would be better to just replace the head unit itself.

There are generic ones that are usually plus and play, and they do support steering wheel controls. 

The hardest part is finding the fascia plate to cover it all up.

2 hours ago, Jimota said:

Not sure I would be comfortable fitting something like this and I wonder how much it would cost to have it professionally installed.

Yes, it's a little bit tricky to install this.

For myself was critical the player width in order to match central console dimensions...

...and yes, I use original player, I don't want to change it, I like how it looks, it's sound, stability of FM frequencies, etc .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links