Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is this repairable or do I need a replacement door?

NightSt0rm

Hi folks. Apologies if this isn't the right place to post this. Someone hit my Estima today. No cameras around so can't find the culprit. They have damaged the driver side door. Is this repairable (dent repair+paint) or do I need to get a replacement door? If its a replacement door can anyone suggest where I can get replacement door from and what sort of cost I am looking at please?

Thanks

IMG_20230903_191330.jpg

IMG_20230903_191322.jpg

• Sad 3

By the looks of the dent you can get it pulled out, try a few mobile repairer's they should be able to pull this out.👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What :censored:s, not even the decency to leave a note!

It doesn't look structural so I reckon it can be pulled out, but open the door and make sure the hinges, sills etc. are all straight and everything still lines up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It pay you to check for second hand door prices first as a starting point.

Then when you have a quote to pull the dint out you know what way to go.

If you really lucky you find a door in the correct coulor if not then add extra for it tobe resprayed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It has a nasty crease in it and damage on the swage line it's very borderline price of a door vs labour costs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the responses everyone. I ended up with a few quotes between £300 and £500 to pull out the dent and respray the damaged area. Still waiting on a few more quotes from body shops and mobile repairers.

Unfortunately no spare doors matching my colour code 9AE. Couple of spare parts shops have the door in a different colour for £200+ which is looking too costly to me given there will be additional cost to change the door and paint it.

If anyone knows any spare part shops / scrapyards around East London / Romford please drop a comment. Thanks.

Depends how good a repair job you want on it, that swage line has been damaged, there comes a point where you spend too much time repairing it to replacing it

Is not that bad from the pictures 

My opinion is try and pull it due to the below factors:

*if painted there is no guaranties the color will match like original

*no guaranties that the paint job will resist in time as original paint, possible paint/rust issues later down the road 

*Issues with alignment of panels if new panel fitted  

*no rust in the original one as it was treated in the factory

Hope this helps  

All the best

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links