Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Accept "terms of use" every time when starting the car

FPSUsername

Hello,

Is there a way to disable the "accept terms of use" every time you start the car?

Perhaps via Techstream? (the same way it's done on VAG cars, via coding/adaptations)

IMG_20230907_121653_866.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 10:30 PM, Dala said:

I confirm the MyT outage
Passwords don't work, login doesn't work
Toyota didn't warn about this
1/ server outage
2/ hacker attack

On 9/7/2023 at 11:18 AM, FPSUsername said:

Hello,

Is there a way to disable the "accept terms of use" every time you start the car?

Perhaps via Techstream? (the same way it's done on VAG cars, via coding/adaptations)

I think once you link your vehicle to the app, this 'goes away' -

After you registered you need to link your account to either the key or bluetooth device (your choice). It then recognises you when you enter the vehicle and wont ask you to accept terms of use each time.

image.thumb.png.b81340ba2f8b4ee4872633e473617ad4.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks Jason but I can't  find page 2.4 in my user guide and your posted image  is a bit tiny.  Maybe your manual is for an earlier car?  Mines a 2023 Corolla  2.0 TS ref PZ49X-UO226-EN  V1.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Russ 

I forgot to react. It indeed goes away after connecting with an account. Really unfortunate that it can't be disabled without an account. I still hope for a solution using Techstream, except I don't have any experience in how Toyota configures vehicles. I only know the VAG way of coding/adaptations and datasets.

Managed to pair with my account and all is now sorted.  Another  forum success! 

Btw the only screen that now comes up on starting, is the one with the  standard conditions which you're  invited to accept.  I now find that this just goes off and you're  back to the last screen, say map, even if you just ignore  the acceptance  invite and  drive off!  This used to happen with previous Toyota  hybrids - Prius and two Rav4's.

Hope nobody's watching me!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links