Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheel lock

soso

Hi,

Yesterday, I went to the workshop with my car (Aygo X) to repair a tyre. Today, I have seen that it seems one wheel lock is missing. Please could you let me know if you have the same number of pieces in your box?

wheellocks.thumb.JPG.17857d72f8b40104876ba81e53331734.JPGwheellocks2.thumb.JPG.160fd0eaafedcd9981e64cf24e6c03fc.JPG

Thanks,

It looks like you have in the box one locking wheel nut key, and four wheel bolts.

If you have the four stud wheels, then all is as should be .

I think the space is for if the car has 5 stud wheels,so there would be 5 studs in the box in that case,the boxes will be made to cater for both.

I will check my Yaris box a bit later to check if it's the same.

• Like 2

Sorry, just realised my mistake,of course 4 wheels equals 4 studs irrespective of how many studs in each wheel.

So not sure why the spare space, but I still think nothing is wrong there.

• Like 2

So that is my Yaris one.

Different configuration from yours.

And only contains the wheel nut key and that black plastic thing that looks like a wheel nut socket, but can't be because it's flimsy plastic, don't know what that is.

No wheel studs, they must have been discarded at some point, maybe when the dealer fitted the locking nuts/studs.

Someone more knowledgeable than me will hopefully be along later to clarify for both of us.

A word of caution though, always make sure the key is there after having any work done on the car.

My neighbour bought his used car from an out of town dealer and the key was missing,arm and a leg to get drilled out and replaced.

And my ex's dad had his lost by tyre fitters, they paid to put right after a long argument, but still a right hassle and time waster.

• Like 3

Different brands in the two pictures. McGuard lock nuts in pic 1, Evo wheel nuts in pic 2, You only get one locking wheel nut, there is an extra space in the box

• Like 4

many thanks!

1 minute ago, Parts-King said:

Different brands in the two pictures. McGuard lock nuts in pic 1, Evo wheel nuts in pic 2, You only get one locking wheel nut, there is an extra space in the box

1 hour ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

So not sure why the spare space, but I still think nothing is wrong there.

I suspect it's one box made for many manufacturers, perhaps you get two locking nuts with some manufacturers? 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 4:17 PM, Rhymes with Paris said:

And only contains the wheel nut key and that black plastic thing that looks like a wheel nut socket, but can't be because it's flimsy plastic, don't know what that is.

Your car has wheel nuts, the locking wheel nut has a metal cover that is hexagonal shaped so it looks like a nut.

The plastic nut and shank are used to push onto the cover and you pull it to remove the cover before you can put the key on the nut.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ah, thanks, I have been pulling the covers off by hand, didn't realise that there was a tool for it in the box.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links