Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turn Indicator Volume .

Ba55man

How can the turn indicator sound on '23 Corolla  be increased or decreased ?

5 hours ago, Ba55man said:

How can the turn indicator sound on '23 Corolla  be increased or decreased ?

Oh, yes. Ditto on this one!

It can be done via diagnostic laptop at your local Toyota dealer

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

It can be done via diagnostic laptop at your local Toyota dealer

Is that a Toyota specific thing, or could it be done by an independent's diagnostic kit? 

• Like 1

Probably with Carista app and obd 2 adapter will be possible too. 

• Like 1

I think you may need Techstream to do this. I've spent some time going through the various options and settings with my Corolla in Carista and I've never found a way of changing the volume in there.

• 1 month later...

I confirmed today that the Carista app can change the turn signal volume on a '23 Corolla (as per the original question).

Mine was set to "Medium", "High" is noticeably louder (but not that loud) whilst "Low" is practically silent.

I also found out that Carista will allow you a one month free trial (when you sign up for the 12 month subscription, remember to cancel if you don't want to pay) even if you aren't using one of their dongles (I borrowed an OBDLink CX).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello all.

Anyone agree that the indicator  click sound is far too quiet?  Can hardly hear mine on 2023 Corolla TS.

Russ 

Similar topics merged.

Just got back from my Toyota dealer.  I'd asked  for a quick check on my quiet indicator sound and confirmed  I wanted it made louder.

The technician confirmed that they had checked but could find no way to change the volume. 

Anybody actually been successful in getting theirs changed?

It seems that different OBD tools (software) give you different types/levels of access to the Corolla's electronics.

I have connected mine to a very expensive Bosch workshop system. This gave me a load of data about the engine etc., but none of the customisation settings.

The Carista app popped up different technical data (never fully compared it with the Bosch) AND allowed me to change settings like the indicator volume.

Maybe the dealerships have more than one 'tool', one for the servicing stuff and one for the customisations? If the technician only tried the servicing one, they wouldn't have seen anything about customisations?

Just a thought. My dealership told me that they couldn't change some settings, until I emailed them the page from the manual that said they could. (the manual doesn't mention the indicator volume though)

Thanks Don.  Could you be extra  helpful with manual ref I can pester them with?  There's nothing I can see in my standard owner's manual and I have no diagnostic tools of my own.  I would like to another avoid another give up now feeling coming on.....

Oops.  Sorry Don just seen you saying no ref about indicator vol.  Sorry. 

The Carista unit can adjust the volume.

BUT, Toyota have set: "low" which is inaudible, "medium" which is just about audible and "high" is audible without any road noise which is quite high in the Excel model with the ridiculously skinny tyres on our wonderful UK roads.

I believe BMW have a user operated silent option.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/4/2024 at 2:20 PM, Bowruss said:

Just got back from my Toyota dealer.  I'd asked  for a quick check on my quiet indicator sound and confirmed  I wanted it made louder.

The technician confirmed that they had checked but could find no way to change the volume. 

Anybody actually been successful in getting theirs changed?

Had my first service today and asked for the indicator tick to be made louder. Blank looks all round. Is this a myth or can it be made louder?

By the way, car failed it's hybrid health check because of DTC codes P058A01 and P162B87. Codes cleared and now I have to drive for 350 miles and then book it in again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links