Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Disks and Pads.

Auris James

I have a pre facelift 2015  Auris Hybrid estate and have just had it serviced by my local Toyota dealer today.

The front brakes are very lipped, corroded and the inner disk face is quite marked/ slider pins suspect to be seized on health check video. Dealer has quoted £300 for new front disks and pads and £150 to supply and fit rears.

How much are the front disks and pads? Would like genuine Toyota unless an other brand with just Toyota box. Any good suppliers to buy from? Fronts look quite simple to change. Car has now done 46,000 miles, so not a lot. 

Many thanks. James.

My auris non hybrid has had new pads and discs 3 times at 70k (I do a lot of braking from speed on my rural commute). Toyota parts direct online are a Toyota dealership down South and are always helpful/quick. Send them your reg and what you're after and they'll tell you what you need and how much.

Genuine Toyota pads and discs for front and rear cost me £220 recently for my 2014 auris. Probably cheaper out there but they were a lot less than my local main dealer for parts and you know they are genuine coming from dealership.

Got mine fitted by local mechanic and saved over £400 on supply and fit price from my local main dealer (wanted over £700 so £500 in 'labour' - shocking). This is more than Toyota website says job should cost. Currently raising discrepancy and labour cost with their head office. 

I know others have used     parts4hybrids   without issue as well.

• Like 4

First to say avoid buying Toyota parts off eBay from non official dealers which sells only parts and no cars. This is important to prevent any possible fake parts purchase. 
For the brake components not always the original are the best but most of the times they are the priciest.
You can buy aftermarket good quality brake discs and pads that will be as good as oem Toyota or even better.
Important here is whoever work on the car to properly clean and check all other non replacement parts and fit the new one correctly. 
You can use this website to locate your car and find the part numbers you need. https://japancars.ru/index.php?route=catalog/toyota
Then search in eBay, Amazon, Google, auto doc, carparts4less for parts to suit your preferences and budget, or simply ask your local mechanic for a quote parts and labour and ask what brand they will use. 
I personally use a good quality cheap discs Blueprint or Febi and mid range pads  EBC Ultimax, both are as good as oem Toyota or better, last long too, rear one 90-100k miles, front ones now well over 110k miles and it seems can do another 50k easily, on hybrid Auris. 

• Like 3

I installed Zimmermann discs and pads all around on my Mk1. Nice bite, very good braking. Bought it on that big german online store. Not expensive.

• Like 4

Thanks all. Have messaged Toyota Direct parts and see what happens. Fronts more urgent.

Asked if they do the slider pins too as a kit, as when I replaced my Volvo 940 brakes fitted all new slider pins and brake kit hardware.

I take it I need a caliper rewind tool? Volvo old school, old pad and G clamp.

Many thanks. James.

10 minutes ago, Auris James said:

I take it I need a caliper rewind tool?

Not for the front.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links