Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Change Instrument Cluster E180

salta_grades

Good evening, I am interested in changing the instrument cluster of my Auris 2014 1.4 D4d 83800-0ZU20 for a more sophisticated one, the 838000ZV80. From what I researched, the connections are identical. Would it work? Would the ODO value appear as the old one or the new one?
Thank you very much!

Hi Emanuel !

Theoretically, swapping them will work, 90 percent sure, but ODO will indicate the kilometers of new one...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@tavy Thanks for the help. Do you know that there is a way to change the value of ODO? The new instrument cluster has around 200,000km less than the old one...

• Like 2

As far as I know you have to swap the processors, if the processors are the same, put old processor inside new instrument cluster, if they are not the same you have to order a blank processor compatible to new instrument cluster and write it with your actual mileage. 

If I were you, I wouldn't change anything about mileage, I would be happy that new clocks are compatible with my car and I'd take account about new mileage for the future car maintenance; of course, new mileage must be written in the maintenance book. 

It's a good thing that new instrument cluster has a lower mileage than the old one. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

yes you can, but you will need to remove the tss functions from the flash, mileage is stored in the working flash

mileage correction not an issue, it can be done over obd2

old dash uses an EEPROM the new dash uses an MCU and Flash memory

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 04/10/2023 at 11:28, flash22 said:

sim, você pode, mas você precisará remover as funções tss do flash, a quilometragem é armazenada no flash funcional

correção de quilometragem não é um problema, pode ser feita em obd2

o painel antigo usa uma EEPROM, o novo painel usa um MCU e memória Flash

Good afternoon, and thanks for all your help. When you mention that mileage can be adjusted by obd2, can techstream be used?

It can not be done with techstream it has to be a programming tool for keys, immobilisers, and mileage correction

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links