Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

EPB malfunction Visit dealer 2020 CHR

Nightbat

I had my brakes replaced and the caliper bolts ( however it's spelled) came loose and I needed to be towed home. Fixed everything again, all tight. All good. But now, ever since being towed , I got this alert. I cant afford more work. Is there another fix? 

Brakes are a consumable on any car - even a reliable Toyota. Having to pay around 3 years in to get that done is reasonable enough. 

It's a little worrying that your calliper bolts came loose - on the drive home or later on?  I thought the design of brake parts were as such that if it wasn't put together right, it wouldn't fit together anywhere near enough to put the wheel back on...  What happened? Did your brakes stop working while driving or what?

Did Toyota do the work or a local garage? They should be compensating you royally for such a screw up in any case. Part refund at least. That should ease your financial concern.  Personally I wouldn't go back to whoever did it if they can't do a brake job competently. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links