Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Passenger window not working

Garyfs

Hi to all

I just had a new Battery fitted at Halfords, yesterday I just noticed today that passenger window is not going up or down. When operated from drivers side door switch

Tha drivers side and rear are going up  and down as usual but nothing on passenger side . Tried calling

Halfords store but got put through to call centre .who told me after ten minute wait to go to store you got Battery from !! My wife was with me time of Battery change and has just informed me that she had the passengers window down at time of battery change. I wondered if any of you guys would have any clue to what it is causing problem

I think a fuse has blown. Each window has a separate 20A fuse on the Avensis T27. 

Go to the passenger side footwell, looking up just behind the glovebox. There is a panel, remove that and you will see the cover to the fuse box. Remove the cover and using the label, find and check the fuse concerned. There should be a spare 20A fuse, one in a blank or one in the engine fuse box. These are micro fuse. If not try and get Halfords to give you a replacement fuse (for nothing if you are lucky 😉).

I wonder if they shorted something during the Battery change and had connected the negative first? This is why the positive is connected first, then the negative! 

All details in the owner's manual. 

Edited by Konrad C
Spelling check
  • Like 2

As daft as it sounds, has somebody leaned/pressed the window "lock" switch on the master switch on the drivers door? Easily done, we get loads of customers ring up who have done that

• Like 2

In addition to the window check everything in the car is working - all lights, heater/ air-conditioning, all doors and locking, fuel cap release, horn, basically anything you have not used since the Battery change!

Also there should be no warnings on the instruments. ⚠️

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links