Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Compare front seats CH R 2020 vs RAV 4 2020(PHEV) ?

HSDish

We have a 2020 RAV 4 PHEV that we are happy with and will keep for a while but...

we probably need one more (1 to 2 person transporter) car and Ive found those as potentials

Toyota C-HR Hybrid - Gerts Bilfirma

Toyota C-HR Hybrid - Gerts Bilfirma

but I cant test them until, earliest, thuesday next week, and Im curious about CH R front seats comfort compared to RAV 4

so...

Is there anyone here who have driven both CH R and RAV 4 and can/will share experiences ?

1 hour ago, HSDish said:

Im curious about CH R front seats comfort compared to RAV 4

My wife claims that the seats in her C-HR are much more comfortable than the seats in my RAV4 ... ???

But it really depends on one's personal definition of a comfortable seat. The RAV4 seats are 'bigger' - longer, wider and less 'hugging'; the C-HR seats are rather more 'sports seat' like and give better lateral support. I don't find the C-HR noticeably "less comfortable" than the RAV4, just different. All our long journeys are done in the RAV4; she does long journeys on her own in the C-HR.

I'm pretty sure that doesn't tell you anything at all! 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks a lot philip42h and sure it is helpful and interesting 😀

I guess You can sit a bit more " upright/ busstyle/like" in RAV4 which , together with wider seats are a bit nicer to my 65 years old and a bit owerveighted body.

But , as for You, its probably my wife, and shes about the same age but slimmer bodied, that will drive the CH-R  the most.

Do You know if CH-R ( electric) driverseat got adjustable sittingseat angle and lumbar support?

1 hour ago, HSDish said:

Do You know if CH-R ( electric) driverseat got adjustable sittingseat angle and lumbar support?

The seat adjustments on the C-HR are the same as on the RAV4. From the C-HR owner's manual:

Screenshot2023-10-06195815.thumb.png.5577176c3769ced50a6023e013d327eb.png

I tend to drive in a relatively laid-back posture; the wife prefers a far more upright seating position ...

I'm not very tall; the wife's quite short and it is probably that factor that makes the RAV 'too big' for her and the C-HR a better size.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks again. 

Im looking forward to thuesday and and to testdrive

My C-HR has lumbar support for the driver, but not the front passenger, although the seat angle is adjustable, same as for driving seat.  My wife has a back injury (fracture in lower spine last December) and she finds the passenger seat comfortable - did round trip of 88 miles earlier this week with no painful after effects.  She also finds the heated seat therapeutic.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now Ive briefly tested the seats in C-HR ( have had problem with my back, again, the latest days so test was dalayed) and I will agree with philip42h 

"The RAV4 seats are 'bigger' - longer, wider and less 'hugging'; the C-HR seats are rather more 'sports seat' like and give better lateral support. I don't find the C-HR noticeably "less comfortable" than the RAV4, just different"

The C-HR I tested had no electric adjusted driverseat, just manual, but it had el lumbarsupport.

Ill give it a longer test ride this weekend

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links