Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Questions for Application for GB Conversion

superturbo85

Hello all,

Hoping someone can help point me in the right direction. I've imported my Toyota Rav4 end 2017 model from Spain into the UK. I have a couple of questions regarding the GB conversion and I will any recommendations or advice.

First of all, my speedometer is not in MPH and I cannot change the multi-information display into MPH. I have read in another thread

there are conversion dials like this one: https://lockwoodinternational.co.uk/product/toyota-rav4-mph-dial-part-no-c1932/ Has anyone installed it?

Second, I think that the headlamps of my Toyota RAV4 fulfil the UK specification since they are flat-fitted beams from the factory, is that correct?

Finally, in order to fill out the Application for GB Conversion IVA you have to submit evidence for each one of three requested requirements. How is completed this process?

Thank you in advance and any recommendation or advice, will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Javier M.

3 hours ago, superturbo85 said:

Second, I think that the headlamps of my Toyota RAV4 fulfil the UK specification since they are flat-fitted beams from the factory, is that correct?

Sadly no ...

Temporary use of a car abroad requires that the headlights are adapted so as not to dazzle oncoming motorists - usually by application of stickers to blank off the portions of the beam that might dazzle. If one has LED / totally flat beam lights it may be that no adaptation is required for temporary use.

The requirements for an imported vehicle for permanent use on the other side of the road are different. Left hand drive cars have headlights that dip to the left; right hand drive cars have headlights that dip to the right; and for a permanently imported vehicle the headlights must dip towards the nearside verge. As I understand the normal, and possibly only, resolution for this is to replace the headlamp units with ones designed for side of the road that you are now driving on.

Sorry ... 

• Like 1

Change the gauges to UK spec ones and get the mileage corrected

fitting dials, not a problem a few screwdrivers and 2 spoons to pop the needles off, the cluster is the same as the yaris, the hard bit is getting the needles back in the correct position (ideally need techstream)

I take it you Have your COC for the car

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links