Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interesting Telegraph Article - Yaris and ULEZ (London)

jthspace

A Matt cartoon in the Telegraph today shows a car in the flood waters drifting into the ULEZ.  This prompts a thought. 

You break down and are then trucked or towed through the ULEZ.  A camera picks up your number plate.

Do you get a double whammy of Congestion and ULEZ charges?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

A Matt cartoon in the Telegraph today shows a car in the flood waters drifting into the ULEZ.  This prompts a thought. 

You break down and are then trucked or towed through the ULEZ.  A camera picks up your number plate.

Do you get a double whammy of Congestion and ULEZ charges?

Stop worrying. The camera would show your car on the back of a tow truck which would be your get out of jail free card.

As for cars drifting in flood water its a cartoon. Normally cars don't float too well and even if they did the number plate would be below water level and not visible.

• Like 2

Paul, joke.

Seriously, cars do float though not for long and I agree the nose would be underwater.  Do the cameras also see the back number plate?

I saw a sinister black BMW the other day, no front plate but a personalised rear plate.  It had been taxed and MOT recently. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If it's anything to go by the leaks in some of the Yaris and Corolla boots then maybe Toyota should supply a lifebuoy as a spare.:biggrin:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, skidlid said:

Stop worrying. The camera would show your car on the back of a tow truck which would be your get out of jail free card.

Does not stop the issue of a PCN, and having to deal with it. This has happened before; car on a tow truck issued a ticket. Owner of car sent the picture of their car on the tow truck as well.

First appeal turned down!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Roy124 said:

I saw a sinister black BMW the other day, no front plate but a personalised rear plate.  It had been taxed and MOT recently. 

They have a tendency round here to put the front plate on the dashboard, presumably to fox cameras.

"Honestly officer it only just fell off".

• Haha 1

Cars on tow trucks/transporters are well aware of the hazards of being picked up by a camera, any decent driver would tape the last three letters on the plate of the car or remove the plate, I know a few companies where this is an SOP that must be done for each journey, must be a nightmare in charging zones for customers to have to deal with 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Down here, if it's a saloon car it's probably drug dealers, but if it's an SUV it's more likely a mum on the school run (They do like their blacked out BMW SUVs!) :laugh: 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links