Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

TPMS valves replacement

mpm235

Hello all,  a TPMS valve/sensor thingy has conked out on my beloved 2014 Auris Hybrid (I'm guessing Battery has gone, due to its age, very annoying, unnecessary electronic pest). 

Has anyone had TPMS valves replaced by a Toyota Main Dealer? How much does it cost? About a million quid I expect.

Also, has anyone had them replace by an independent Tyre Fitters, National Tyres or Halfords type ? How much did it cost there? And did they get them to sync up with the Toyota ECU alright, to get the warning light to go off (got to get it off for MOT of course). Thanks very much, Mark

Hi Mark, 

I have no idea of cost but I think this problem been discussed before here or in Corolla forum. To find out more about it best to search in Google uk with your question like Toyota tpms replacement and more posts will pop up and you can find some useful information. Also you can check eBay and your local dealer to compare prices. 
Good luck 

• Like 2

Hi Mark,

Many mobile companies will come to you and change and reprogram a TPMS. The cost is roughly £100 but you can phone around for different quotes before you accept .

Toyota will do it but the labour cost will obviously be higher due to overheads etc. Its always difficult to know once one goes if it's worth changing the others but the cost to do so is often the deciding issue.👍

• Like 1

Don't know the part number, but baterry might be a serviceable item.

Such a shame to be charged that much. 

Universal one is like 30-40 gbp, you can go to a tire shop, ask for it to be fitted and programmed. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

An update, incase anyone searches for this in the future. Took Auris to my local independant tyre place ( brilliant firm, we've used them for years). They told me they can fit new TPMS sensors, and then sync it to the car's ECU, so the dash warning light goes out and everything works normally, to some cars, but not all, depending on make/model. They used a reader device to check my four sensors; it is offside rear that has conked out. But, they would not be able to program/link it to my Auris's ECU....so got to be main dealer... drum roll, get credit card ready. So, Auris is booked in with main dealer for new TPMS next week. £156.81 (minus 10% because I've got a service plan). So there you have it,cheers, Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

It's about right.  €200 for all new TPMS  sensors and programmed.

Don't buy anything online,  most of them are fake and after market never with right.  

I was so angry with my local tire shop.  Mounting new set of tires was jacked up from 70€ per set to 120€ from 2022 to 2023. If they told me before, i won't let them mount my tires. Inflation is not 70% in a year.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Toyota ones for the newer cars are very expensive for some reason, and they're the old metal stem ones instead of the newer 2-piece rubber stem ones the US get. I found Mazda sell the same ones for my car for roughly half the cost a while back, but in a set of 4 rather than individually...

I'm just glad I shouldn't have to worry about it for 7-10 years! :wacko:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AisinW said:

It's about right.  €200 for all new TPMS  sensors and programmed.

Don't buy anything online,  most of them are fake and after market never with right.  

I was so angry with my local tire shop.  Mounting new set of tires was jacked up from 70€ per set to 120€ from 2022 to 2023. If they told me before, i won't let them mount my tires. Inflation is not 70% in a year.  

I have Goodyear Vector 4 Season on my Auris, been on about 2 years / 24,000 miles ( still loads of wear left in them). Two years ago they were £91.99 each, today they are £97.74. Gone up in price, but nothing near 70%. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links