Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross, Owners reviews.

Tyfan

Due to a Broken Hip a couple of months ago, I find my Corolla Hybrid too low and awkward to enter/leave. I am considering the Yaris Cross as a replacement. I would appreciate owners thoughts.

Edited by Tyfan
Hip almost recovered now.

Wish a speedy recovery. 

There are a few threads on this board with cross owners reviews, have a search, or owners will come along to give their opinions. 

It's probably going to be my next car in a few years, the premiere 130, not due to a bad hip, it's getting there slowly though 😄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tyfan said:

Due to a Broken Hip a couple of months ago, I find my Corolla Hybrid too low and awkward to enter/leave. I am considering the Yaris Cross as a replacement. I would appreciate owners thoughts.

Pay a visit to your Toyota dealer he will only be too glad to give you a test run in the X and see for yourself.

40 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Pay a visit to your Toyota dealer he will only be too glad to give you a test run in the X and see for yourself.

I have an appointment on Wednesday to do just that. I hope the higher driving position will help me. As this is my seventh Toyota including the RAV 4,I am familiar with the Toyota Family. Thank you all for your comments of which some points I will look out for.

• Like 1

I went from the Corolla to the Yaris Cross, partly because my right hip can be a bit troublesome at times. Getting in and out is so easy now. With the Corolla, I felt that I was getting down into the drivers seat, with the Cross, I just get in. I think you will find the Yaris Cross a much 'easier' car. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dannyboy413 said:

I went from the Corolla to the Yaris Cross, partly because my right hip can be a bit troublesome at times. Getting in and out is so easy now. With the Corolla, I felt that I was getting down into the drivers seat, with the Cross, I just get in. I think you will find the Yaris Cross a much 'easier' car. 

Thank you for the reply. I was hoping someone would have experienced this. I have an appointment on Wednesday to drive the Cross.  Fingers crossed I have your experience.

• Like 1

If it helps, I have back and neck problems and have changed from a Nissan Qashqai to a Yaris Cross and with the seat in the lowest position find it easier to get in and out of then the QQ. Only minor problem, on my Icon there is no lumbar support so need to buy a small cushion, no big deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benzowner said:

If it helps, I have back and neck problems and have changed from a Nissan Qashqai to a Yaris Cross and with the seat in the lowest position find it easier to get in and out of then the QQ. Only minor problem, on my Icon there is no lumbar support so need to buy a small cushion, no big deal.

Good point,I use an extra support in my Corolla for my back as the seat lumbar support is not enough, so will check on Wednesday when I get the test drive. Thank you.

• Like 2

Check the GR Sport model and see if you prefer the seats for support.

I'm tall and find I step down and out of the Cross vs. the Yaris. I had a Corolla (2023 MY) as a loaner for a week, and it was lower than even my Yaris with the seat set on the lowest setting (where I usually have it).

• Like 2

Right, all you people who kindly replied to my request regarding the Yaris Cross access . As you are aware I broke my left hip a few weeks ago and struggle accessing my Corolla Hybrid. After I read the comments, I arranged a test drive this morning in anticipation. The result was I have found the access is easy and I have purchased a Yaris Cross Design,14 months old with 5k on the clock. As it's a lighter car than my Corolla I hope I will not notice too much the loss of one cylinder and the step down to 1.5 from 1.8. I pick it up at the end of the month, only a few days away. 

• Like 7

An older corolla 1.8 is 122ps v 116ps on the cross, hardly much difference I would imagine. Enjoy the cross. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The new 1.5L M15A-FXE engines are surprisingly punchy - I don't think you'll find it lacking :naughty: 

• Like 3

@Tyfan

I have found that, in normal driving, the difference between my previous 1.8 Corolla and the 1.5 Yaris Cross is neglible. Let us know how you get on with your new car. 

• Like 3

As I have mentioned, my previous car was a Nissan Qashqai with 130bhp, the Yaris Cross 116BHP is certainly equal performance wise

• Like 3

Yep agreed, the Cross is surprisingly punchy.  The motoring press were busy saying it was lethargic, but thats total cr@p, it's pretty quick. I prefer it in normal mode rather than eco, where it feels more responsive, but thats a personal thing.  Enjoy the test drive and decide for yourself.  Mine freed up A LOT after about 5000 miles btw 😃

• Like 3

Had the same and still not fully recovered. I used to practically need a step ladder to get in my previous car - the Cross is excellent. I'm 5'10" and have the seat at max. height - enter backwards, sit and swing you legs in.

The car itself (Excel with City Pack) I'm really pleased with but only had it 4 days / 99 miles and showing 58mpg.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hicardo said:

Yep agreed, the Cross is surprisingly punchy.  The motoring press were busy saying it was lethargic, but thats total cr@p, it's pretty quick. I prefer it in normal mode rather than eco, where it feels more responsive, but thats a personal thing.  Enjoy the test drive and decide for yourself.  Mine freed up A LOT after about 5000 miles btw 😃

Good to know engine got more powerful after 5k miles. Mine is just over 2k miles atm, maybe it's been programmed this way to look after the engine from the start. 

• Like 1

Yaris cross review. I have owned the petrol model for about 2 years now and overall the vehicle is very rugid.

Pros: It's loaded with excellent safety features. Interior is very spacious for a compact veh. The infotainment center is not bad. The display is very large and easy to use. The audio is pretty decent. The fuel economy is pretty good 30 mpg. The top speed is great for a 1.5l... 0 to 60 in 10secs wout tubor. 

Cons: the ride is very bumpy. The engine is very noisey. The front dash is not of the best material. The initial acceleration is very slow but cruises up to decent speed. 

All in all I'll give it a 7 out of 10

43 minutes ago, Darrylm said:

The fuel economy is pretty good 30 mpg.

Wow, do you drive it like you just stole it?

• Haha 1

I do and I get over double that mpg! :eek: :laugh: 

I also find the opposite performance - My Mk4 is lightning quick from a standstill but doesn't keep up the torque as the speed ticks up.

It's partly why I'm interested in the new engine - It's only 15 more HP on paper but I have a feeling it will feel a  lot more powerful in the low and mid-range because the torque has gone up significantly across the board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gren said:

Wow, do you drive it like you just stole it?

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

I do and I get over double that mpg! :eek: :laugh: 

I also find the opposite performance - My Mk4 is lightning quick from a standstill but doesn't keep up the torque as the speed ticks up.

It's partly why I'm interested in the new engine - It's only 15 more HP on paper but I have a feeling it will feel a  lot more powerful in the low and mid-range because the torque has gone up significantly across the board.

2 hours ago, Darrylm said:
2 hours ago, Darrylm said:

Yaris cross review. I have owned the   Petrol mode

Ooops I missed that, thanks - We only get the hybrid here, I forget there is a non-hybrid one available elsewhere!

Past 11 years, had diesels and hybrids cars that does 60+mpg during summer, dread just reading 30mpg 🥴.

• Like 1

Can't find any thread on here about users average mpg with a search which you would think would be of high interest. I think I'll start one.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links