Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Pre-Collision System Malfunction Warning

Wikinoob

Please can someone help me out with a solution for the following Toyota Pre-Collision System Malfunction.
I am at my wits end with this, had the car since August (2017 1.2 Petrol Turbo) and have had this reoccurring issue with the above "Malfunction". I have been back to the main dealer which I git the car from 4 times now (once a month) to have it scanned and every time they tell me "Sorry Sir, we cannot do any investigation as there are no codes stored on the ECU", I am starting to feel like there feeding be some bull here
 as every time they have scanned the car the error had miraculously disappeared only to return nearly every month of owning the car. (I can't help feeling that there just resetting it)

I know its not the normal "PCS Unavailable" message as the system works fine as this has popped up during foggy, heavy rain and when the windshield is misted (which is all normal) however trying to explain to them that this is a "Malfunction" which they can see from the photos I've been emailing them every time its happened.

Please help someone must have had this keep happing to them and got it resolved...🥲

PXL_20231020_060538742.jpg

I had this once on my first C-HR. It was caused by water and dirt on the front Toyota Badge, which houses the radar. 

After cleaning everything, it worked fine.

I've had this on mine.  Toyota could not find the issue, and I ended up rejecting the car, and getting them to find me a new C-HR.  They thought it was a wiring issue from the front Camera, but would need to remove the whole dash etc.

Maybe your dealership needs to keep the car for a couple of days, and get the mechanics to drive it around with a dongle in the diagnostic port to dynamically log any faults that might show up. If you have showed them the cars error message, they cant just ignore that.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links