Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Door Straps

Eserim

Hi - we've just bought  a 2000 Yaris mk1 - 54K, one owner, few small knocks, but otherwise in brill condition.

But, the door jams and crap - no first position, so risk of hitting other cars in car parks.

There is an eBay part "Front Door Catch Fits TOYOTA Yaris 99-05 68610-0D010" but also parts for other models with other part numbers, and even these, that have ALL the part numbers (68630-02100 68610-0D020 68620-02061 f) and a lot cheaper.

Anyone know if the cheaper part number (68620) will be OK?  

Many thanks

Chris

• Thanks 1

Hi there Chris,

I can't give you definative advise on the Yaris or part numbers but a couple of months ago I changed the door check strap on my partners three door C1 drivers side as it was just as you describe.

Seeing the price of new ones were silly money I opted to get one for the a younger C1, 108, Aygo but specifically asked the breaker on eBay for the passenger side strap (figuring it would have had a lot less of a hard life). The drivers and passenger doors are different part numbers. The only difference turned out to be the rivet through the strap was upside down when I replaced the part.

Fitted a treat and worked lots better than the old worn out one. Maybe this might work for you but the door cards will need removing to access these.

The eBay part you linked to looks a lot lot the one I replaced but there could be differences.

12 minutes ago, DerekHa said:

Hi there Chris,

I can't give you definative advise on the Yaris or part numbers but a couple of months ago I changed the door check strap on my partners three door C1 drivers side as it was just as you describe.

Seeing the price of new ones were silly money I opted to get one for the a younger C1, 108, Aygo but specifically asked the breaker on eBay for the passenger side strap (figuring it would have had a lot less of a hard life). The drivers and passenger doors are different part numbers. The only difference turned out to be the rivet through the strap was upside down when I replaced the part.

Fitted a treat and worked lots better than the old worn out one. Maybe this might work for you but the door cards will need removing to access these.

The ebay part you linked to looks a lot lot the one I replaced but there could be differences.

Ta- I've already taken a dive inside - the passenger door had obviously been looked at before as the plastic inner liner was torn - I'm thinking it is worth a punt on the cheaper ones, especially as Aliexpress and other sites list all three  part numbers against the same iten

Yeah I found the plastic liner was already torn too and just sealed it back up with gaffer tape or similar to stop any moisture  getting out from inside the door cavity. Or you could go for some new clear plastic cover but I'm sure it's not polythene. Sealing that to the inner door skin will be the worse.

I've never used Aliexpress but if the part numbers match you should be good.

Thanks, mine have been bugging me and you gave me the part numbers to get moving on a fix.

3 hours ago, paul9 said:

Thanks, mine have been bugging me and you gave me the part numbers to get moving on a fix.

I'll let you all know how things work out with the cheap 4 pack from China.

To be honest, it does look a pretty crap design, other cars I've had have hade great big springs and all sorts to keep rollers pressed against the strap to facilitate that first notch. These just seem to work by having slightly pliable plastic.

• Like 1

As promised, results.  The parts above arrived yesterday and were fitted today, all good on my 2000 2 door Yaris.  As they have rubber stops I think maybe a bit better than originals.

However, I'm sure I have had cars with a more positive first stop, but I think this is a limitation of the design.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links