Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

(T27) How to remove trim to pull back carpet after a leak

blueskiwi

Had a leaking windscreen (thanks Autoglass... 😒) and now the carpet in the driver's side footwell is soaking wet.

The leak is repaired now but the carpet needs drying out - not just the surface, the sort of felty underlay beneath is like a sponge.

It looks like removing the carpet would involve removing the seats. But short of that I'd like to just pull it back and expose it, and run a dehumidifier inside for a while.

There are various bits of plastic trim that need to be removed to free the carpet. The main one that's a problem is around the wheel arch. There's some kind of metal fixture, almost like it might be screwed through from the other side... or I don't know, I can't see a nut or screw head, or if it's a clip I can't see how it unclips.

Does anyone know the method to get the driver's footwell carpet out on this model?  (it's a 2011 Avensis estate)

try to use a hair dryer put it on hot, use it carefully on the surface, do it every day after one week it will be ok.

On 10/30/2023 at 10:41 AM, blueskiwi said:

Had a leaking windscreen (thanks Autoglass... 😒) and now the carpet in the driver's side footwell is soaking wet.

Does anyone know the method to get the driver's footwell carpet out on this model?  (it's a 2011 Avensis estate)

Sorry I don't know how to get the carpet out, but avensis_2018's advice has to be worth a try before attempting it. Good luck with that.

I noticed today that my windscreen has cracked 😞 Was the leak just due to a schoolboy error on the part of the Autoglass technician, or is there something specific they should do or look out for when replacing the windscreen?

would it be a good idea to pull back the carpet a bit and put  in a ozone machine in there to dry the car up would that work 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links