Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2019 Aygo: Installing a boot light

Fabio88

Hi everyone.

I was wondering, my aygo x-play does not have a boot light, but on the left there is the space to install one, supposedly.

Do you know if there is a plug somewhere inside between the loom and the plastic, or I'll need to do some extra work?

I wouldn't like to open that part only to find out I'll need to end to the fuse box (might as well buy an adesive led at that point).

Thank you

2 minutes ago, Bper said:

Hi Fabio,

Have a look at the link it shows a previous post and discusses." no Aygo boot light". Hope this helps.

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/205877-aygo-missing-boot-light/

Thank you for your answer, it seems like there is no plug 😔i was really hoping they left one there

• Like 1

Hi Fabio and welcome, :thumbsup:

I have a mark 1 Aygo and they don't come with a boot light so I fitted one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motion-Sensor-Battery-Operated-Magnetic/dp/B0917WWT1R/ref=sr_1_49?crid=2T6DXO8F1SPOO&keywords=motion+sensor+led+strip+light&qid=1698778456&sprefix=motion+sensor+led%2Caps%2C310&sr=8-49

I attached it to the parcel shelf so that the movement of opening the tailgate which lifts the shelf, switches it on.  Once you close the tailgate it switches off after a few seconds.

It was a tip given out by our very own @FROSTYBALLS and it works a treat.  I think that I have only changed the batteries once in about 6 years and it still gives out a clean, white light.

Many thanks Frosty and all the best to you, Fabio.

I hope that helps in some way. :biggrin:

17 hours ago, Agent Orange said:

Hi Fabio and welcome, :thumbsup:

I have a mark 1 Aygo and they don't come with a boot light so I fitted one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motion-Sensor-Battery-Operated-Magnetic/dp/B0917WWT1R/ref=sr_1_49?crid=2T6DXO8F1SPOO&keywords=motion+sensor+led+strip+light&qid=1698778456&sprefix=motion+sensor+led%2Caps%2C310&sr=8-49

I attached it to the parcel shelf so that the movement of opening the tailgate which lifts the shelf, switches it on.  Once you close the tailgate it switches off after a few seconds.

It was a tip given out by our very own @FROSTYBALLS and it works a treat.  I think that I have only changed the batteries once in about 6 years and it still gives out a clean, white light.

Many thanks Frosty and all the best to you, Fabio.

I hope that helps in some way. :biggrin:

Thank you very much. This answer gave me the idea, i bought a simple adesive led light with batteries

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links