Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Maps Addition

Roker

I was disappointed when my Corolla came without maps, something I assumed it had 

I note in the accessories booklet there is a section for Satellite Navigation,  expensive though at €875 

It mentions about keeping the system updated but at that price it must be the full system,  I would assume that hardware would have to fitted by Toyota

Has anyone had experience of addition of maps into their info system 

The nav is an add on module, these newer systems are designed to be used with a smartphone and either android auto or Apple CarPlay and use online maps like Google Maps, Waze and the like there are ways to use maps offline, this is something TomTom offers with their app

Dan, I am not sure about what you have and want.

I had a MY 2019 Corolla.   It had the built in SatNav Touch 2 Go system.  Do you have that?

When you say Maps do you mean from your phone?

If you do then you are trying to use Android Auto or Apple Car Play.  Is that right?

If it is, MY 19 models did not come with that ability.   It was a user paid for software update in late 2020.  

If the previous owners did not bother then you can get your .Toyota dealer to do it €€€

• Like 1

Buy Tomtom app for the phone and use AA/ACP, €20-25 a year, it's probably the best sat nav software. I use it for my car, it's a lot better than Google map and other clutter maps. 

9 hours ago, Roy124 said:

I had a MY 2019 Corolla.   It had the built in SatNav Touch 2 Go system.  Do you have that?

If you do then you are trying to use Android Auto or Apple Car Play.  Is that right?

If it is, MY 19 models did not come with that ability.   It was a user paid for software update in late 2020.  

If the previous owners did not bother then you can get your .Toyota dealer to do it €€€

Agreed, my 2019 Corolla has satnav that came with a three year free update.  After that it costs to update the maps.

9 hours ago, Dylanfan said:

Agreed, my 2019 Corolla has satnav that came with a three year free update.  After that it costs to update the maps.

Yup, same here. An expensive option and the maps aren't particularly accurate unless you take the time to edit them yourself. Even then it can be a year or more before your edits actually make it through to the car.

• Like 1

@AndrueC Even then it can be a year or more before your edits actually make it through to the car.

Case in point.  Our house and private drive for four houses did not feature on postcode or mapping.  

I reported the issue.  WAZE was updated the following week.   Touch 2 Go was partly updated some months later and fully updated a year later.

Toyota was not the only system that did not find our pist code and many delvery firms had not uodated their systems either.

21 hours ago, Roy124 said:

If the previous owners did not bother then you can get your .Toyota dealer 

I can get the Google maps onto the display via my phone , I was referring to the in built Sat nav. I do not have that

Dan, that clears that up.  A curious omission by Toyota.  I would agree with you, I thought it was automatically included.  Do you have a local Toyota spec for that model?

That said, I would only ever revert to the Smart Connect Map as a backup and found the Touch to Go having very low quality graphics. 

I use Google Sat View all the time  those Waze does have the edge pn traffic issues.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links