Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Touch 2 with Go Read Error connecting to bluetooth

0Duke0

Hello, I have a 2014 Avensis estate with Touch 2 Go. bluetooth connection had been working faultlessly until my last android update (Samsung S23). Following that I keep getting a Rear Error and no connection. My wife's i-phone connects without a problem. I have tried unpairing, re-pairing, switching the phone off, the car off, deleting the bluetooth cache, nothing's worked. Is anyone dealing with a similar issue?

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I assume you have totally powered off your phone, then restarted it. I don't have Touch & Go, but run a double bluetooth system. I had some minor setup issues with my previous Samsung S20FE 5G, but I sorted them by adjusting the settings. I did have a connection is with my phones WIFI, but also happened with my previous Samsung devices (phones and tablets). I had to reset the connections and it cured all the issues. In my case the bug that caused the issue was transferred to my phones and tablets when I got them new and loaded my Samsung/Google account. I had the issue for years until the begin of this year. When I got my S23 Ultra, I had no issues since I already found the bug. 

So you could reset the connections wiping bluetooth and WiFi connections. You then need to do new pair setups. 

• 1 month later...

I am having the exact same problem with the exact same circumstances as oDukeO stated. I would have loved to try what Konrad C suggested but don't understand what he means buy wiping off bluetooth and Wi-Fi.  Please can someone help

If your wife's phone works with the Touch 2 Go and yours does not after its update, then it suggests something in that update broke your bluetooth to some degree. You say you tried unpairing and repairing it, which was absolutely a good thing to try. If it was me, I would now factory reset the phone to see if a fresh Android install fixes it, but obviously that is quite a big faff.

I have  the same issue now. It still allows calls to work the bluetooth connection but all other audio doesn't work because of this "read error". I've recently updated my Samsung S22 Ultra to One UI version 6 with Android version 14 (I'm pretty sure it has been on Android 14 before the issue).

I'm going to use the car radio for now and hope Samsung puts out another update to fix this.

Same thing happened to me with my Toyota Auris 2016 and Samsung Android S21 on the last update. Any solution? This is getting me mad! I've tried almost everything!

The only thing you can try it to reset the Toyota Touch 2 system to factory defaults. 

It sounds like perhaps Samsung or Google (Android) have pushed out a software or firmware update that is giving issue with the Toyota system. My iPhone 13 Pro Max is having no issues with a 2018 made Touch 2 with Go (Low) system.   

I would say test it with someone you know who has an iPhone, and another (non Samsung) Android phone - then you'll know it's an issue that is particular to Samsung Android devices - possibly with a certain update. 

Hope you find a fix. Very hateful to lose that functionality on your morning drive.

• 1 month later...

Hi. Late comer to the party.. So this happened to me around about June 23, I have tried everything other than full reset of the head unit. By everything I mean factory reset of my phone, altering AVRCP (whatever that is), cleared all bluetooth connections multiple times, long pressed the system volume button, tried tethering (I can't get the unit to connect to the internet but that's a different problem).. All to no avail.. It is, in layman's terms, a ball ache.. Could anyone enlighten me as to how to go about a factory reset of the head unit please.. Oh and I have recently bought a new phone and hoped that would resolve the issue.. It hasn't.. My many, many thanks to anyone who can aid me in finding a resolution 

Both my previous phone and current are Google Pixels 6 & 7

4 minutes ago, riksdadslad said:

Hi. Late comer to the party.. So this happened to me around about June 23, I have tried everything other than full reset of the head unit. By everything I mean factory reset of my phone, altering AVRCP (whatever that is), cleared all Bluetooth connections multiple times, long pressed the system volume button, tried tethering (I can't get the unit to connect to the internet but that's a different problem).. All to no avail.. It is, in layman's terms, a ball ache.. Could anyone enlighten me as to how to go about a factory reset of the head unit please.. Oh and I have recently bought a new phone and hoped that would resolve the issue.. It hasn't.. My many, many thanks to anyone who can aid me in finding a resolution 

Both phones are Google Pixels 6 & 7

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem and no solution unfortunately.  I had a cheap Redmi note phone which worked OK with the Toyota. I switched to Samsung galaxy s23 last week and now it connects for calls but for music and audio I get read error.  

Has anyone in this thread tried rolling back from Android v14 to a previous version.

Android 14 has lots of connection issues with cars. 

• Like 1

Enable developer options on your phone and set your phone bluetooth AVRCP to 1.3 version

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2024 at 2:30 PM, Fabi557 said:

Enable developer options on your phone and set your phone bluetooth AVRCP to 1.3 version

thank you SO MUCH, this worked immediately.
for anyone wondering I have a 2014 Toyota Yaris and a Galaxy S22+

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links