Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2008 Avensis T25 Tailgate not opening

Zeberdys

Good morning All,

Trying to sort out an issue with my mates 2008 Avensis estate tailgate not opening that has what seems to be a common problem on both saloon & estates from research.

I have found some links on this forum and the internet but nothing seems to help with the problem we have.

We have opened the tailgate via the access panel from inside but trying to sort out the problem. The rear tailgate release switch is faulty when testing across the two wires being open circuit when the button is pressed but having obtained a replacement when plugged in it still does not operate the actuator.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IK2UAO61dg&t=14s this may be of some help to others with similar problem 

I understand that the latch is combined with both the actuator and a switch that presumable tells the central locking ecu the state of the lock?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F99qBVcQwXo

When the doors are locked with the remote in a few minutes the alarm goes off, this was with the tailgate open but latch manually closed making me wonder if the internal switch is faulty and indicating the tailgate is open and hence triggering the alarm. This in turn may be stopping the ecu operating the actuator as it believes its already open.

Interestingly there seems to be no live supply wires to the actuator which seems odd as the two latch switch wires were also not live.

Could anyone provide me with a wiring diagram for the tailgate actuator control circuit or a description of how is supposed to operate.

When its sorted I will report back as may help others

Many Thanks  

John

Dunno if this is any good to you John but forum member Heidfirst posted this link which contains electrical diagrams, 2002 to 2007 though, it still might be worth a look.

https://www.mediafire.com/download/gw1wm4kq2vj/Avensis+2002+T0+2007++Manual.rar?utm_source=ToyotaOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks&utm_source=ToyotaOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks

A snip from the manual in that link.

av31.JPG

Many thanks for the reply that is quite useful I'm waiting for an actuator and them wil explore the issue in more detail and report back.👍 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links