Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Loyal toyota owner,!

local hero

My wife was loading shopping into our old Rav when a smart yaris X parked next to her she got talking  to the lady who explained she had waited 6 months for delivery and by Dec 2022 she decided she wanted it to be registered 2023 the garage refused and it was registered between Xmas and New year also she was told that it had taken so long they wanted to give her £5k less for her trade in (a CHR BOUGHT FROM THE SAME DEALER)  you couldn't make it up could you!!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Not good at all. I waited six months for my current C-HR. My dealer honoured the original deal that we agreed. Same thing with the Good Lady's Yaris. The Dealer honoured the original deal. These were two different dealers too.

• Like 4

£5k is pulling it.  I think my dealer did adjust the price, but then we had had the extra use in the old car. 

What did irk on the last car was the 25% mark up on the forecourt the following week.

Knowing that I will haggle hard come the next car.  Incidentally it was ordered some time ago for delivery in March.

• Like 4

Waited 50 weeks for my Excel (ordered Mar 2022).  Dealer was more than happy to delay registration to Mar ‘23, honoured not only the original trade in but also the PCP deal.

• Like 4

I always assumed that the manufacturing plants being more efficient with automotive and robotic systems would be able to produce the cars far quicker. Surely if the engines are built and shipped from Japan and the rest is manufactured and assembled in this country are the waiting periods for delivery of almost a year in some cases justified.

The reported chip shortage that caused many issues with delivery had been resolved some time ago.

Interested to know?

• Like 2

Sounds about right, dealers are off loading stock as the used market is about to crumble, some small used dealers have gone under

Not a good time to buy used, new EV's are depreciating the hardest at 4-6% a month

https://www.motortrader.com/motor-trader-news/automotive-news/declining-used-car-values-help-keep-lid-inflation-15-11-2023

• Like 4

Used prices were descending prior to selling my car 4 months ago, though £5k lower in 6 months on a hybrid is quite a fast one, even from a dealer. 

• Like 4

On 11/14/2023 at 10:08 PM, local hero said:

My wife was loading shopping into our old Rav when a smart yaris X parked next to her she got talking  to the lady who explained she had waited 6 months for delivery and by Dec 2022 she decided she wanted it to be registered 2023 the garage refused and it was registered between Xmas and New year also she was told that it had taken so long they wanted to give her £5k less for her trade in (a CHR BOUGHT FROM THE SAME DEALER)  you couldn't make it up could you!!!

The registration I can understand. If she hadn't specifically asked for the car to be registered in 2023 then why should the garage loose out on a potential bonus for registering when they did? It's not the garage's fault the car took so long to be delivered. If the car was delivered well beyond her estimated date of delivery she could quite easily have cancelled the order. The ball was in her court.

Nice story about the trade-in price - I'd have been more interested in what eventually happened? Did they give her less money? Did she sell to a broker? Did she attact the salesman with her handbag?

If she'd have come to me for advice I'd have told her the days of trading-in (or buying and selling from the same dealer) are well gone - she'd have been financially better off treating the buying and selling of her car as two seperate transactions.

• Like 2

We picked up our cross in July this year, we were told it would be end of April so three months later, the dealer honoured the deal we made so we didn’t lose out. Many dealers are signing up to the manufacturer scheme whereby there’s no haggling on the price of a new car, the screen price is the price you pay, there will be some room for your px, ( if you have one) but many car manufacturers are going this way, of course they will say it’s better for the customer but I’m not too sure , 

• Like 2

You get nothing for brand loyalty these days, sales were getting fat off the pandemic, now it's time for a diet, people are walking away from "deals", if used prices tank i can see repossessions on the rise and a lot more insurance claims

• Like 4

20 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

The registration I can understand. If she hadn't specifically asked for the car to be registered in 2023 then why should the garage loose out on a potential bonus for registering when they did? It's not the garage's fault the car took so long to be delivered. If the car was delivered well beyond her estimated date of delivery she could quite easily have cancelled the order. The ball was in her court.

Nice story about the trade-in price - I'd have been more interested in what eventually happened? Did they give her less money? Did she sell to a broker? Did she attact the salesman with her handbag?

If she'd have come to me for advice I'd have told her the days of trading-in (or buying and selling from the same dealer) are well gone - she'd have been financially better off treating the buying and selling of her car as two seperate transactions.

This young  lady is definitely over 65 and a real toyota enthusiast this was her 5th toyota all from the same dealer she stood her ground and told them she would be quite happy to drive off in her trade in CHR and get her new YC elsewhere, the young salesman had a word with the sales,manager who admitted a mistake had been made and they honoured the original deal 💥

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I was duped with my Cross.  They lied about the delivery date to get me to register it in 2022 when they knew full well it wouldn’t arrive until the New Year.  They even dated the PDI on the last day of 2022 when it was still sat at Burnaston.   Bying lastards.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 11/17/2023 at 5:28 PM, local hero said:

This young  lady is definitely over 65 and a real toyota enthusiast this was her 5th toyota all from the same dealer she stood her ground and told them she would be quite happy to drive off in her trade in CHR and get her new YC elsewhere, the young salesman had a word with the sales,manager who admitted a mistake had been made and they honoured the original deal 💥

As would anyone with sense do. It flies in the face of a previous reply that said many dealers are signing up to manufacturer schemes where the price you see is the price you pay.  🙄

I personally have never heard of such scheme ( no doubt that's the tale told by salemen ) and not sure how it'd work in the mass market. As the lady above proves, the customer will simply vote with their feet.

It's interesting that some manufacturers have tried similar strategies - they've gone from the agency model to direct sales. You can get £££'s off a Hyundai but their luxury arm Genesis said they'd be direct sales like Tesla.  Anyway, they've recently announced their Genesis cars will be sold thru the Hyundai dealer network. They had to, not only is nobody is buying their cars, their residuals have fallen thru the floor.

You may not get any money off a Ferrari but mass market Toyota need high volume sales to compete in a tough market.

Tesla sell in huge numbers so the manufacturer fixed price model does work I hear you say?  Tesla owners as well as retailers who held stock were up in arms earlier this year when Telsa announced huge price reductions. At the end of the day it's the market that determines the price, not the manufacturer.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links