Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Mk2 - headunit upgrade checklist

secretivemonorail

There are two SMB connectors, one is white and the other black. I removed the casing from the white one, which didn't fit the unit's DAB connection. I didn't have the time to check with the black one but it looked the same size.

Actually, assuming the connector is a Toyota one, if you compare the picture of the connector you shared further up and the back of the unit (DAB), it does not look like it will fit because of the inner plastic around the hole where the pin would go - imagine the casing is removed, of course.

image.thumb.png.c5dd4ea40982fe298dcabb2b22b5c6b8.png

image.thumb.png.24986366795a9ab95d23bbd6946cbb2e.png

Hey @flash22,

I think I messed up somewhere. The car starts beeping when I drive the car and displays "release parking handbrake" in the cluster. It stops if the car is very slow/stationary or is in reverse. Is this something to do with the green parking wire from the headunit? I grounded it to the chassis of the car by attaching it to the screw of the headunit bracket.

I even disconnected the power to the headunit (only the black connector from the connects2 loom) and it still displays....

Hi !

Try to let that green wire unconnected.

• Like 1

yes disconnect the green wire

the Toyota plugs are SMB

the DAB (Toyota black plug) on your new radio is an SMB the GPS is a Blue Fakra (Toyota white plug)

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I left it disconnected when testing yesterday and it made no difference. To confirm, are you both referring to the wire in the pic? 

Why does it need to be disconnected when people typically ground it? 

I've tested this wire with it:

- Disconnected

- Connected to chassis

- Connected to a ground wire

image.thumb.png.d5c6f339b42d7fc1cc489caffb8dbe72.png

it will be the handbrake wire on the car that is shorted pin 15 on the 28 pin connector - is it the car or the radio beeping?

I would connect it up also you need to connect the vss (speed pulse) to pin 17 on the 28 pin connector

• Like 1

it will be the handbrake wire on the car that is shorted pin 15 on the 28 pin connector - is it the car or the radio beeping?

Ok,  I didn't know that was an extra step I didn't know about. So snip it off, yeah?

The car is beeping - the info cluster behind the steering wheel shows "Release parking brake". 

I would connect it up also you need to connect the vss (speed pulse) to pin 17 on the 28 pin connector

Will do this as well. Thanks!

Usually the head units play videos when parking brake is applied only, if not they don't play video clips, for safety reasons IMHO.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links