Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Useful new camera features on new RAVS?

Nick72

2 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Thanks Ernie. I did look into that and I think it was around the time you changed yours. I just never got around to it. I did put LEDs elsewhere in the car including the boot light, and the reversing light because that was very weak. Now it's nice and bright which is helpful for reversing up our steep drive which is slightly curved.

I’ve found improving the puddle lights to be very effective as the nights have got darker, I can never understand why Toyota stuck with such a poor level of illumination when they went to the trouble of designing them into the production car. Hopefully they will be better on your Sports model?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ernieb said:

I’ve found improving the puddle lights to be very effective as the nights have got darker, I can never understand why Toyota stuck with such a poor level of illumination when they went to the trouble of designing them into the production car. Hopefully they will be better on your Sports model?

By the colour of mine I would guarantee they are low wattage filament bulbs.

If you can tell me please, are they easy to change and what is the replacement LED  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nick72 said:

It's not so much that but rather if I'm on a long business trip and it starts off clean but by the time I'm reversing near my destination and it's so dirty I can't see through it then that's a bit of an issue. At that points it is a park up, get out, clean the sensor or just pretend it's 1998 again and I don't have a reversing cam. 😂

On one trip I did clean it 4 times altogether.

Whereas on the Merc it just used to pop out of its little housing only when required and got a clean automatically. I'd pay another 1k for that option.

In winter especially I check all lights and number plates are clean whenever possible between car washes. It is surprising how quickly dirt can reduce light output and render number plates illegible. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GBgraham said:

By the colour of mine I would guarantee they are low wattage filament bulbs.

If you can tell me please, are they easy to change and what is the replacement LED  

I think this is correct posted around 9th Oct ‘21.

There is a YouTube video on replacing these. I also fitted sequential lights for the repeater bulb in the wing mirror.

These are the LED’s I bought for the puddle lights I’ll probably change the one in the boot as they are brighter.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09C8C3JQG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ernieb said:

Fingers crossed Ernie but I'm not banking on it at the same time 🙂🙏 Hoping not banking. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

In winter especially I check all lights and number plates are clean whenever possible between car washes. It is surprising how quickly dirt can reduce light output and render number plates illegible. 

Good advice. And they get grimey again pretty quickly after not much more than an hour's worth of driving.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links