Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Voltage to glow plugs

Versoverso36

Hi all, I’ve been reading these forums for a while with great success but now need a little help.

My 2013 (63) Toyota verso 2.0 d4d has been hard starting with the cold weather coming in. I’ve replaced the glow plugs but noticed there’s no voltage going to them when I start the car, also I’ve never seen the glow plug light on the dash even in -3 weather.

I was thinking of replacing both the fuses and relay but not sure where the relay for the glow plugs is located and the fuses 30 and 31 just seem to be a long plastic thing with a clear top? I’ve got idea how to change them.

I’ve added a pic below, the glow plug fuses 30 & 31 are in the long white plastic thing. I’ve got no idea what kind of fuses these are. 

thanks any help is greatly appreciated.

28F50AAC-277D-4120-828F-BB5A0F1F21B7.thumb.jpeg.fea59093346ab4844df7dd329dc49228.jpeg

Edited by Versoverso36
Addedpicture

Hi Ed, It sounds like the relay if you have no voltage, take a look at this video it may help with the relay location and how to change should it prove faulty. As for the fuse location the long plastic thing is just a cover and should lift off to expose the glow plug fuse. Hope this helps.:smile:

https://youtu.be/Nee7Od0Jbuk?si=QZ2xV4_IEkyGt3a_

• Like 1

Thanks mate, exactly what I was looking for! I’ll have a crack in the next couple of of weeks and give an update. Thank you thank you 😊 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update. Basically I’m an idiot because after doing some research the plugs are only on for a short period of time after I turn the key(I obviously didn’t know that) so there is voltage to them. Thanks again for your replies!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links