Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mirror switch with illumination

Dutchrav

I noticed the switch for electric (folding) mirrors is not illuminated. 
Many models of Toyota and Lexus have such a switch.. so is one of them (orange) illuminated and maybe a direct swap?

• Like 1

it's not a direct swap - that's why it is not done a lot, the illuminated switches are usually full auto-folding too

you will need a switch and the 28 pin plug, if you can strip wires and solder it's easy enough

1 will post more info if required

the only thing I'm not sure about on the iQ is the switch bezel (switch clips into it)

• Like 1

Yes.. found out there are so many differences in these switches. And it not easy swap.

The auris/lexus ct200 switch is the easier one to find Toyota did not put the part number on the switch it just uses the manufacturers number on it, they are usually listed, with this number

I do have the full pinouts for the switches,

You will need to run 2 wires to 1 mirror to split the mirror fold/retract supply - folding mirrors use the same 2 wires for both mirrors, and the auto-folding mirrors use 4 wires 2 for the left and 2 for right

1 wire for the door lock/unlock signal

the 3 wires can be found in the driver's footwell

Switch part No. 84870-02101 Manufacturers Part No. 183691

iQ standard mirror switch with folding

2053016963_iqmirrorswfolding.thumb.jpg.e3669efa6e9649894c4c617930d91c82.jpg

28 pin auto folding switch diagrams

1858971369_Gen3foldingmirrorill.thumb.jpg.daafbcb8a111e1e284381acaa00a491d.jpg2034194808_Gen3foldingmirrorplug.thumb.jpg.2d39256106ab9027831906e79c598712.jpg939168122_Gen3foldingmirror.thumb.jpg.c93d373518792e2aea5ef9bf9abad37d.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Flash22! That helps a lot.

That partnr of a switch is orange/yellow/amber illuminated? I want to get one of those to fit the rest, others are green or white illuminated.

I read ´auto folding mirros´ and wire for lock/unlock signal.. does this switch-swap make them also fold in and out automatic? 

19 hours ago, Dutchrav said:

I read ´auto folding mirros´ and wire for lock/unlock signal.. does this switch-swap make them also fold in and out automatic? 

that is correct, the lock unlock, triggers the mirrors all the logic is inside the mirror switch

iirc the part number above is blue illumination there are only a few visual ways to tell the switches apart

for an amber switch, I will have to go hunting which may take 5 mins or days to find

• Like 1

No hurry Flash! Till now im very happy with the info!

The mentioned partnumbers are easy to get here so hope they exist in amber illumination.
Have seen some have only lower part (big button) illuminated and others have the L/R and retract button also illuminated.

yes there are a few types, I assumed you wanted the all-singing and dancing upgrade

• Like 1

Great said.. all singing and dancing upgrade 😆 

It is a endless story every time.. with every car i owned.. cant help!

• Haha 1

you can change the LEDs to whatever colour you like iirc they are standard 1206 LEDs, Kingbright LEDs work and last well, around 10-20 cents each

I will have to dig out a scrap switch I have

• Like 1

Changing those tiny LEDs are rubbing agains my skills.. but its worth a try!

For the 22-pin connector i can try to get original one with wires from a scrapper.
Or do you think easier making adapter cable with those?

10pin 
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/33040991323.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2nld

22pin
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005003504003000.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2nld

it's 28 pin - if you can get one from a scrap car that's the simple option,  you can get the housings for a reasonable cost from a dealer but they don't sell the pins, just pigtails @ 10 - 15 euros each !!!!

search by the oem number 90980-12330

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links