Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can removable towbar be fited yaris cross with sensors

nad_toyota

We are about to buy a Yaris Cross Excel and deciding on a accessory packs. We will be getting city pack for the 360 panoramic monitor and parking assist.

I am looking for towbar to carry bicycles 

If we gewith removable tow bar as well, would this interfere with panoramic monitor and parking assist?

Thanks all. Nad

The factory fitted removable towbar disables the 'wave foot under car to open boot' but - without the bike rack actually fitted - everything else works as expected

21 hours ago, SinglePointSafety said:

The factory fitted removable towbar disables the 'wave foot under car to open boot' but - without the bike rack actually fitted - everything else works as expected

Are you sure about that Keith?  I’m fairly sure I tested the one I fitted and it worked.  The instructions require you to remove the sensor while you cut the opening for the bar then go to quite some trouble to put it back.  If yours doesn’t work, my guess is they didn’t go to any trouble which is why I prefer to fit my own stuff.  I can’t go back to the one I fitted because it’s been written off in an accident.  Maybe it’s disabled if there’s something plugged in to the electrics.  

Anchorman, I've tried multiple times/ways to open the boot with the 'foot action' (with nothing attached to the electrics) and it doesn't work. My towbar was 'factory fitted' which we both know means 'fitted somewhere in the UK before the car is delivered to the dealership', no doubt with the care and attention that the UK motor trade is so famous for. FWIW my towbar is the 'horizontal detachable'. As it happens, I don't miss having the gesture opening, the release for the electric boot opening is easy to find

6 hours ago, SinglePointSafety said:

Anchorman, I've tried multiple times/ways to open the boot with the 'foot action' (with nothing attached to the electrics) and it doesn't work. My towbar was 'factory fitted' which we both know means 'fitted somewhere in the UK before the car is delivered to the dealership', no doubt with the care and attention that the UK motor trade is so famous for. FWIW my towbar is the 'horizontal detachable'. As it happens, I don't miss having the gesture opening, the release for the electric boot opening is easy to find

Aye, I once bought a RAV4 that had been retro fitted with a touchscreen radio to clear them.  Supposedly “factory fitted” (read that as some sub contractor with zero pride or conscience working out of the back of a transit van).  You’ve never seen such a mess.  It sounds like the same towbar I fitted.  I’ve pulled up the instructions and on page 28 it shows the instructions for putting the sensor back and on page 36 it shows them testing to make sure it works - ours did.  Now, I know you’re not bothered but I got used to mine and used it all the time but regardless, the sensor will be every bit of £300 and you are entitled to it.  If it got binned or “annexed”, you’ve been done and I’d go back to the dealer and make them fix it.  If the argue, ask them to explain this……

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/ba52d5cf-ebba-4c8f-b764-577c6d8050b6/Yaris-Cross_Towing_hitch_detachable_horizontal_PW960_0D100_AIM_005_041_3.pdf

Thanks achorman, I will indeed return to my dealer and if necessary show them the document you so kindly included

Follow up: anchorman, you were (as usual, dammit! - but thanks) totally correct.... the kick sensor for boot opening does indeed work fine on my car, even with the towbar - but, lordy, you have to have the exact technique. The Very Nice Lady I spoke to at the dealership admitted that the kick sensor is extremely fussy and that they have many, many customers, with various models, asking "why my kick sensor no work, sob?" and so far they've never seen a car fault issue, it's always been (excusable) user error. I guess someone at Toyota has a sense of humour and likes to think of customers showing their best disco moves to open the boot (hint: it's far easier and quicker to just, well, press the button)

A colleague has a Polestar with a kick sensor: hers is easy to use, no need for Strictly levels of dance skill

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SinglePointSafety said:

Follow up: anchorman, you were (as usual, dammit! - but thanks) totally correct.... the kick sensor for boot opening does indeed work fine on my car, even with the towbar - but, lordy, you have to have the exact technique. The Very Nice Lady I spoke to at the dealership admitted that the kick sensor is extremely fussy and that they have many, many customers, with various models, asking "why my kick sensor no work, sob?" and so far they've never seen a car fault issue, it's always been (excusable) user error. I guess someone at Toyota has a sense of humour and likes to think of customers showing their best disco moves to open the boot (hint: it's far easier and quicker to just, well, press the button)

A colleague has a Polestar with a kick sensor: hers is easy to use, no need for Strictly levels of dance skill

Oh good that it’s still there but I think technique is the key.  Stand in line with the car and lick forward either side of the towbar.  Not fast and not slow, just swing your foot forward and don’t wave it about side to side.  Don’t get too close and the front of your foot needs to just disappear a few inches under the bumper.  Works every time.  

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links