Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Changer For Avensis 04

Bosnjo

I´m waiting for my new Avensis 1.8 VVT-i Sedan: I haven´t decided yet what to do about CD changer. Dealer said I have enough time untill car arrives. I want to put a CD Changer but not sure about Toyota one. Does that changer have something like ESP (Electronic Shock Protection) that reads CD 10-12 seconds in advance. If it doesn't is it jumping on bumps or it's stable? Does it have CD Text and Custom CD Text??? I would rather put Sony CDX-T70 that has all of that but not sure about interface that it needs. Dealer said would install it but I have to bring CD Changer and Interface. Did anyone install this unit in last Avensis model? Does it work?? What is the interface model?? Or it's better to stay with Toyota's CD Changer.

Thanks to all of you !!!

Bosnjo,

I was in the same dilema a few months ago when I purchased my T3-X. I couldn't find any reliable information concernig aftermarket units that would actually work with the Toyota head unit.

IN the end I opted for the Toyota 6 disc changer (the one that goes under the seat not inthe glovebox). A couple of points I have noted.

Firstly, it appears to be a standard Pioneer unit.

Secondly, it is not CD Text compatible.

Thirdly, It does not skid ever... Period...!!!!

Fourthly, It can change discs and start playing in approx 3-4 seconds.

Overall, excluding the CD text, it does everything I'd hoped for.

The choice, as they say, is now yours.

Cheers

Andrew

Thanks Norbreck21a,

In a meantime I tried to find out some informations about possible interface for Sony CD Changer and finally, there is no such a unit for 2004 Avensis. But, your information was very helpfull for me. I guess I would go for Toyota CD Changer. It's shame it has no CD Text, but what is more important it doesn't skip at all, as you have said. I have just one more question for you. Have you tried to play recorded CD's in the changer (CD-R), and in Head Unit (Dashboard Radio)? Does it play in both or in none of them?

Thanks a lot

Try these guys - they told me they can provide interfaces to fit a Sony CD and MD boot unit into my T4. I used them last time for my interface for a Sony CD to Vauxhall radio and it worked well with the head up display and steering column controls.

http://www.connects2.com/

Email them with your requirements - they may be able to help.

Steve

Bosnjo,

Yes both the head unit and the 6 disc changer play CD-R's no problem.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Norbreck21a,

I think, thanks to your posts, I'll go for Toyota CD Changer. Anyway, just for information, I found out that since the beginning of 2004 Avensis comes with different head unit and there is no interface for any aftermarket CD Changer. Screw CD Text, I can live without it

And Xomegaman,

Connects2 confirmed that there is no any type interface for 2004 Avensis

Thanks to all

Hi To Xomegaman

I'm also in Newbury, and am trying to connect a CD player to my Toyota standard unit. Ant chance we could meet up so i could pick yer brain ?. My e-mail is buzlby@ntlworld.com

Cheers

Barry H

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links