Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis T27 gearbox oil change.

ToNo10

Can anybody tell me what the situation is regarding gear box oil change on a 2010 T27 AUTO gearbox.
Do these belt boxes even have oil 😱

thanks.

24 minutes ago, ToNo10 said:

Can anybody tell me what the situation is regarding gear box oil change on a 2010 T27 AUTO gearbox.
Do these belt boxes even have oil 😱

thanks.

Replace fluid every 60,000km or 4 years, whichever comes first.

Thank you, do you know if it is more complicated than a manual gearbox? My local independent garage seems a bit wary of doing it?

thanks 

46 minutes ago, ToNo10 said:

Thank you, do you know if it is more complicated than a manual gearbox? My local independent garage seems a bit wary of doing it?

thanks 

There is a bit more to it than on a manual gearbox.  There will be a filter and gasket to be changed probably.  I would get someone who is familiar with the process to carry out the work.  And best to use the genuine Toyota fluid.

• Like 1

Thank you 👍

Just spoken to local Toyota garage to get an idea of oil/filter costs for 2010 T27 Avensis Auto gearbox. They told me that Toyota do not have a schedule for changing the oil in the gearbox, they view it as “sealed for life of the car”.

3 hours ago, ToNo10 said:

Just spoken to local Toyota garage to get an idea of oil/filter costs for 2010 T27 Avensis Auto gearbox. They told me that Toyota do not have a schedule for changing the oil in the gearbox, they view it as “sealed for life of the car”.

Yes they just say inspection every four years but no replacement, same for the manual transmission.  But if you are keeping the car for a long time, it is highly recommended to have the transmission serviced.  Automatics especially as they are more complex.

Toyota say not required but if one insisted they will do it for £95 (plus parts I suppose).😳

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ToNo10 said:

Toyota say not required but if one insisted they will do it for £95 (plus parts I suppose).😳

Well worth it in my opinion.  It will possibly save you a big bill for a broken transmission in the future.  These transmissions are very complex and having good clean oil is a must.

On 1/4/2024 at 7:51 PM, Oisin said:

There is a bit more to it than on a manual gearbox.  There will be a filter and gasket to be changed probably.  I would get someone who is familiar with the process to carry out the work.  And best to use the genuine Toyota fluid.

I got my gearbox oil changed on my 2014 Toyota avensis 2.0 d4d 6 speed .change at 55k miles .the garage done it for me never mentioned a filter to change where would that be .even toyota didnt even tell me was a filter when i got my original gearbox oil from the dellership 

11 hours ago, ToNo10 said:

Well my mechanic changed mine he told me was dirty my oil but no silver bits in it .I got my genuine Toyota manual 6 speed gearbox oil from them. Tbh when they tell you gearbox is for life means will do until warranty runs out then if gearbox goes bang they will make money selling you a new one .I'm going 2 change my gearbox oil every 30k .just going 2 look after this car 

That’s good news, a little less expense! I thought I picked up that was a filter from a previous reply or maybe my mistake.

thanks 👍

On 1/6/2024 at 2:41 AM, 2009joe said:

Well my mechanic changed mine he told me was dirty my oil but no silver bits in it .I got my genuine Toyota manual 6 speed gearbox oil from them. Tbh when they tell you gearbox is for life means will do until warranty runs out then if gearbox goes bang they will make money selling you a new one .I'm going 2 change my gearbox oil every 30k .just going 2 look after this car 

There is no filter on the manual gearbox Joe.  The automatics have an oil filter in them.

• Thanks 1

This is a metal filter that you never change. I had 6 toyota cars each sold more then 200k km, never touch the gearbox,all with 0 problems runs like new.

• Like 1

Thank you 👍👍👍

7 hours ago, avensis_2018 said:

This is a metal filter that you never change. I had 6 toyota cars each sold more then 200k km, never touch the gearbox,all with 0 problems runs like new.

when you say you never touched gearbox do you mean change oil also . well when my mechanic changed my gearbox oil he told me mine on my 6 speed 2.0 engine 1adftv  gearbox oil was dirty and was no silver pieces in it so good that way but not like the new genuine toyota gearbox oil that i got for it so tbh for all it is to change it sure would you not say its handier to change it onest in a while 

never change the gear oil, if it only you drive it, and you drive to keep the car for a long time i mean with care and love, then that's it will be, i never change the gear oil and also i asked in toyota they didn't want to do it so i just take it out of my head and went to the next thing 🙂

now i remember my wife cars also only toyota and she drive it with zero care\love, never touch the gear oil on corolla\avensis .

enjoy.

Thank you 🙏 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links