Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

squeak noise from the front lower suspension

Elmahdi

Anyone experiencing the following problem:

Some 2014 – 2019 model year Corolla vehicles may exhibit a squeak noise from the front lower suspension
arm rear bushing. This condition may occur when driving over speed bumps or uneven surfaces.

• Like 1

Hi thanks for this.

i tried with my local dealership here in the UK to action this under the recall but they refused based on different parts number on my vehicle and the facts that they couldn’t find any defects etc.

i have been dealing with this issue for over a year and half. The dealership still unable to find any issues after several inspections and I have been told that they can’t make a claim where they is no broken parts or defects etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bper said:

Hi Elmahdi, this was covered under a recall see below.

MC-10178777-9999 (1).pdf 354.43 kB · 2 downloads

The attached is not a Recall its a Technical service bulletin designed to instruct dealers of a fix for this specific issue in this case Specifically North American only Corolla E17 Saloon models, the closest equivalent in the UK would be the second generation Auris and not the latest Corolla E21 Platform model the OP has

• Like 1

It is correct this was covered under a TSB and not a recall however it does cover the related problem, whilst USA based it could be a possible cause of the problem if other investigation does not reveal the root cause, and it is worth investigating to eliminate this as well especially when a mechanic is unable to find the problem and you have been living with this for over a year and a half. 

Many times reported faults on other models have shown up to be the cause of a related problem.

It may be also worth reading this previous post as well to see if any of this may relate to your particular issue.😀

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/186910-creaking-suspension-issue/

11 hours ago, Bper said:

It is correct this was covered under a TSB and not a recall however it does cover the related problem, whilst USA based it could be a possible cause of the problem if other investigation does not reveal the root cause, and it is worth investigating to eliminate this as well especially when a mechanic is unable to find the problem and you have been living with this for over a year and a half. 

Many times reported faults on other models have shown up to be the cause of a related problem.

It may be also worth reading this previous post as well to see if any of this may relate to your particular issue.😀

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/186910-creaking-suspension-issue/

Thanks for your reply.

last inspection was in Nov last year. The technician removed the front suspension etc and found no defects etc. The noise has been reduced but not gone completely.

Dealership are not willing to do anything about it even with sharing the TSB as the parts numbers are different to my car . So I will have to give up I Think 

Did the mechanics take the car out and hear the problem themselves or is this just a random squeak that only happens from time to time. Have you rocked the car recently to see if you can hear anything while stationary. 

You could also take it to another dealer to get a second opinion, you say the noise has been reduced so what did they do. A post in the link above mentions silicone grease being applied so it may be worth asking did they lubricate anything while they had the suspension out of the car.

It's worth a try to help resolve what the problem may be.:smile:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links