Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

yaris Cross awd 12 volt battery performance in cold weather.

BobHos

7 hours ago, BobHos said:

Hi Don

I just realised that you are now the owner of a Lexus. Did you give up on the yaris Cross?. I remeber you commenting when I posted on tests in difficult winter conditions at the start of last year.

Let the record show I was very taken by the Cross but my poor mrs’s thermostat is stuck and suffers with getting hot.  I’d convinced her that she’d be fine with the Cross cloth seats but she wasn’t so I felt guilty.  Not needing much further excuse, I came across a Lexus UX AWD cancelled order that was just queuing for the Suez and a good mate was hankering after my Cross so that was that.  The Yaris Cross was boring in 6 inches of snow, it just went.  I tried to get it stuck but it wouldn’t.  It had all season tyres on it like all of my cars.  This Lexus also has all season tyres and while I’ve not encountered deep snow it too just goes in a couple of inches.  It is beautifully built and sumptuous.  Mark Levinson stereo is phenomenal and it has ventilated seats for anchorwoman.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, anchorman said:

Let the record show I was very taken by the Cross but my poor mrs’s thermostat is stuck and suffers with getting hot.  I’d convinced her that she’d be fine with the Cross cloth seats but she wasn’t so I felt guilty.  Not needing much further excuse, I came across a Lexus UX AWD cancelled order that was just queuing for the Suez and a good mate was hankering after my Cross so that was that.  The Yaris Cross was boring in 6 inches of snow, it just went.  I tried to get it stuck but it wouldn’t.  It had all season tyres on it like all of my cars.  This Lexus also has all season tyres and while I’ve not encountered deep snow it too just goes in a couple of inches.  It is beautifully built and sumptuous.  Mark Levinson stereo is phenomenal and it has ventilated seats for anchorwoman.  

Wow!!...ventilated seats. Why would thay be required? The mind boggles.

1 hour ago, BobHos said:

Had them on our Kona. Lovely in hot weather, less sweaty bum and back which a/c alone can't prevent at times. (The ventilation was using a/c air.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BobHos said:

They cool you instantly in hot weather.

Seat Cool.pdf

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

They cool you instantly in hot weather.

Seat Cool.pdf 157.79 kB · 1 download

Never thought about that, Not much call for it in the frozen north up here though. Having said that, friend of mine had an Ikea with those and he only switched the feature on when he picked me and another mate up to go to the pub. He used to say something about personal hygene and contamination of his seats.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links