Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla has gone, long live the Yaris!!

davidif

After a couple of enjoyable years with  a Corolla Excel 2.0 I have moved on/up/down to a Yaris!!

I had no faults to report with the Corolla whatsoever. With it being an Excel I benefitted from great headlights and, I believe, more comprehensive sound deadening. it was a joy to own and drive daily.

Here's hoping that the Yaris is just as good.

• Like 4

Yaris mk4 onwards is a great car. When I got my corolla I was in two minds about yaris excel or corolla excel. My other half had got yaris excel with tech pack 6 months earlier and I loved it. 

I ordered MY24 back in September and if it fell through then I would happily switch to yaris premiere (which she ordered couple weeks ago). 

• Like 5

We have a 2020 Yaris petrol and discovered that it runs perfectly on E85 fuel, if and when you're able to get it.

They recommend changing the plugs to high performance Denso Irridium £££. Its not necessary as they are already fitted, but just check to be sure.

Obviously with a lower octane it will take a couple of turns of the key to get it started in cold weather, but once running it goes just fine.

We recommend anyone fitting a new Battery to any Toyota model fit a Varta, Exide (or any other make) of extra heavy duty Battery. these are made for cars with a stop/start facility and give some extra punch when starting.

We wish you many miles of safe travels.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, davidif said:

After a couple of enjoyable years with  a Corolla Excel 2.0 I have moved on/up/down to a Yaris!!

I had no faults to report with the Corolla whatsoever. With it being an Excel I benefitted from great headlights and, I believe, more comprehensive sound deadening. it was a joy to own and drive daily.

Hi David, What made you ultimately decide to go for the Yaris when you say you were happy with the Corolla.?🙂

• Like 5

8 hours ago, davidif said:

If you don't need the extra space in the Corolla and like driving, I'd argue it's better! :naughty: 

It's just so punchy and responsive that it's a joy to drive, and I love the fact I can hoon about and still get stupidly high mpgs :biggrin:  There ain't many cars that can do that - The only other one I've owned was my old Mk1 turbodiesel!

But at the same time it's not actually a very fast car, it just feels it, so you can have fun without risking speeding tickets like you might in e.g. a GR Yaris.

You may need ear plugs and a back support cushion tho' :laugh: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Bper said:

Hi David, What made you ultimately decide to go for the Yaris when you say you were happy with the Corolla.?🙂

Hi Bob, I'm a bit of a performance car fan/petrolhead to be honest- the Yaris I've bought is a GR with the circuit pack i.e. forged wheels and Torsen Diffs etc. 

We may not be allowed such cars in the non too distant future!!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Cyker said:

If you don't need the extra space in the Corolla and like driving, I'd argue it's better! :naughty: 

It's just so punchy and responsive that it's a joy to drive, and I love the fact I can hoon about and still get stupidly high mpgs :biggrin:  There ain't many cars that can do that - The only other one I've owned was my old Mk1 turbodiesel!

But at the same time it's not actually a very fast car, it just feels it, so you can have fun without risking speeding tickets like you might in e.g. a GR Yaris.

You may need ear plugs and a back support cushion tho' :laugh: 

It is a GR!!!!

I'm loving it. Only problem now is that it kind of makes the GT86 redundant.

• Like 3

What, the mental AWD 260HP rally homologation one??? I thought you meant a hybrid! :eek: 

The GR4 is a whole different beast!!! :laugh: :naughty: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links