Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Toyota App

Louie

Now somehow I Have have missed the  blindingly obvious but my excuse is that the  dealers never mentioned it or pointed it out but this to me when I collected my Excel and this is my fourth day with no incidents with frustrating/annoying Infotainment screen messaging. Now how has that happened i just make sure i am logged in to MT app before i get into the car and I use facial recognition so no flaffing about using  manual logging in and its worked every time. The Excel just says "hello Louie" and off we go with all the iPhone apps working seamlessly.  life is full of nice surprises after all.

Louie, is that wireless and Apple Play or just on the infotainment screen map?

11 hours ago, Louie said:

i just make sure i am logged in to MT app before i get into the car

Are you saying you need to physically handle the phone to actually log into the MyT app before getting in the car, otherwise you get the dreaded login screen on the in-car infotainment?

If so that's definitely not right.

It's no wonder the dealer never mentioned that requirement.

You certainly should not need to log into the app on your phone every time you get in the car. 

I only login to use the app when it's freezing cold in the morning and I want to preheat the car, or if I get a notification that I forgot to lock the doors.

Otherwise I can get in and out the car without a care about the MyT app on my phone.

Considering they've made it so we don't even need to take our keys out our pockets, it would be ludicrous to insist we had to handle our phone every time instead! 🤣

• Like 2

If I don't log into the MT app which by the way appears to log me out automatically after the mobile has been out of the car for a while I  get all these "games" on the infotainment screen with pop up messages. If I log into the MT app just before leaving the house and setting off, my journey is without silly messages on the Infotainment screen apart from a very brief welcome message which vanishes instantly. The mobile face recognition takes a mere few seconds so its not really an inconvenience. If I don't go through this process I still get the sign in or synchronise messages but only once and no longer several times throughout the journey as I did before the dealer((Listers)  fiddled with it.

14 minutes ago, Louie said:

before the dealer((Listers)  fiddled with it.

I am with Grantham branch 

Topic moved to Toyota MyT/Toyota apps.

19 minutes ago, Louie said:

If I don't log into the MT app which by the way appears to log me out automatically after the mobile has been out of the car for a while I  get all these "games" on the infotainment screen with pop up messages.

Sounds like a nightmare.

19 minutes ago, Louie said:

If I log into the MT app just before leaving the house and setting off, my journey is without silly messages on the Infotainment screen apart from a very brief welcome message which vanishes instantly.

Sounds like a nightmare.

No way would I accept having to login to the app on my phone just so I don't get logged out of it car!

Your in-car infotainment system is definitely not set up correctly.

Still, as long as it's no longer an inconvenience to you, that's the main thing. 👍

• Like 2

I don't even need my phone with me when entering the car, but the infotainment screen still welcomes me and works without asking me to log in. And I don't get logged out at any time without my phone on me either. That's how it is supposed to work after the initial setup with Toyota. Obviously I can't make phone calls on the go but everything else works on the infotainment unit. The Toyota phone app is just for your convenience. For Android Auto or Apple Car Play you do need a phone connected of course.

• Like 1

Well guys it works for me all I know is that if I don't log into my MT app its a game of whackamole with the Infotainment screen when I start off and drive. The face recognition login into my MT app takes about 3 secs and this is  my first week of no distractions  driving me potty when I start on my journey long may it continue.

I need my phone for music streaming/Wayze navigation and messaging/phone calls, previously the Infotainment Totoya software would disable it on a repeat basis enough to drive anyone round the bend.

Do you not have your car key registered with the multimedia system?

Hi Rab no idea  ! No one has mentioned anything about having a car key key registered with the car's multimedia system unless the dealer has already done it  but not mentioned it nothing new there then. I would still like to know what on earth is a smart key ?? since no one has mentioned it before.

Louie,I think you have hit the answer.

The system can be set up to recognise either the key or your phone. 

It took but a moment to realise that having the key was essential but the phone was optional. 

We set it for keys.

I suggest an immediate trip to your dealer. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links