Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

HUD functionality on the RAV4 GR Sport Plug in Hybrid

Monkeytunes

Hi all , I’m looking for info on the HUD and its functionality on the latest RAV4 GR sport but can’t seem to get any information on it . I’m keen to see what can be displayed but would really like to know if it links up to Apple car play , so displays Apple , map/navigation , messages , WhatsApp, music etc , can anyone point me in the right direction or provide any info   . Many Thanks 

• Like 1

I use Android Auto instead of Carplay, but in a word for everything you want: no.

It's just speed, compass, lane/cruise control, and power/tacho. Using the built-in nav it will (badly) show turn directions, but doesn't pass through phone car directions. Which is odd, because you can get phone-sourced turn directions displayed on the dash, but oh well.

Edit: It does show caller info, and I think it shows you track info when you change track.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Beefstah said:

I use Android Auto instead of Carplay, but in a word for everything you want: no.

It's just speed, compass, lane/cruise control, and power/tacho. Using the built-in nav it will (badly) show turn directions, but doesn't pass through phone car directions. Which is odd, because you can get phone-sourced turn directions displayed on the dash, but oh well.

Edit: It does show caller info, and I think it shows you track info when you change track.

Thanks Keith 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Monkeytunes said:

Hi all , I’m looking for info on the HUD and its functionality on the latest RAV4 GR sport but can’t seem to get any information on it . I’m keen to see what can be displayed but would really like to know if it links up to Apple car play , so displays Apple , map/navigation , messages , WhatsApp, music etc , can anyone point me in the right direction or provide any info   . Many Thanks 

It does show Apple CarPlay navigation instructions but only when using Apple Maps (same as on the cockpit). It does also show station/song change.

• Like 2

On 2/1/2024 at 8:44 PM, RAV4GRS said:

It does show Apple CarPlay navigation instructions but only when using Apple Maps (same as on the cockpit). It does also show station/song change.

I'm intrigued if it shows Android Auto directions from Google maps. I get them now in the combimeter (for next turn) on the 2021 PHEV but they don't appear on the HUD.

No it doesn't. They appear on the combimeter, but not the hud.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beefstah said:

No it doesn't. They appear on the combimeter, but not the hud.

2023 model?

• 3 weeks later...

2024 GRS

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links