Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

6th generation RAV4 coming in 2025?

kucyk

It appears that a new model of the RAV4 will be released next year, as MY25 model is now showing up in Toyota TechStream 😍

What is your wish list? I hope they will put some more modern tech inside, add a rear camera washer 😁 and maybe some better noise insulation - I already know this is not going to happen 😆

CleanShot2024-02-02at10_42_42@2x.thumb.png.bfaa840a79d92546360a547a7bbe67a7.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I would like - 

A bit longer EV range in PHEV (about 100 km / 62 miles) and ability to charge faster than 6.6 kWh. (maybe an all electric RAV 4)

Ability to preheat seats with MyT.

Hight adjustable passenger seat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kucyk said:

It appears that a new model of the RAV4 will be released next year, as MY25 model is now showing up in Toyota TechStream 😍

What is your wish list? I hope they will put some more modern tech inside, add a rear camera washer 😁 and maybe some better noise insulation - I already know this is not going to happen 😆

This does not mean anything. A ‘new’ model could just be referring to the new model year production which is probably minor tweaks. The RAV4.5 simply hasn’t been around long enough to yet justify total renewal. A mid cycle facelift might be on the cards and would be welcome. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flatcoat said:

This does not mean anything. A ‘new’ model could just be referring to the new model year production which is probably minor tweaks. The RAV4.5 simply hasn’t been around long enough to yet justify total renewal. A mid cycle facelift might be on the cards and would be welcome. 

5th gen will be 7 years old in 2025, it's about time. Previous generation of C-HR went on sale early 2017, RAV4 followed late 2018. Same story now. The new C-HR is already out and the new RAV4 with follow late 2025, mark my words 😎

Mid cycle facelift of RAV4 already happened - new multimedia system, digital cockpit, new headlights.

• Thanks 1

New RAV4 should also mean one less Toyota / Lexus product the thieves will be able to CAN invade 😉

1 hour ago, Flatcoat said:

Maybe, maybe not ...

The chart shows the RAV4.5 (2018 onwards) as AXAx5n where the '5' designates the fifth generation, the values of 'n' appears to designate 2 and 4 wheel drive, and, I could believe the 'x' values A, H and L could refer to traditional ICE, Hybrid and Plug-in models - but that may be a stretch. Current owners could possibly verify via their Certificates of Conformity ... ?

The designations for 2025 onwards are AXAL62 and AXAL64. The reads like a sixth generation to me so a whole new body Shell. And Plug-in models only? That might make sense ...

Or it could all be an illusion! 😉 

Edit: mine is an AXAH54 so the theory has passed its first hurdle ... 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just sit back and wait for them to come up with some hydrogen/ICE/HEV/PHEV models. 

When the record selling manufacturer in the world decry EV's saying that EV's will never take more than 30% of the market there must be something in it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, philip42h said:

Maybe, maybe not ...

The chart shows the RAV4.5 (2018 onwards) as AXAx5n where the '5' designates the fifth generation, the values of 'n' appears to designate 2 and 4 wheel drive, and, I could believe the 'x' values A, H and L could refer to traditional ICE, Hybrid and Plug-in models - but that may be a stretch. Current owners could possibly verify via their Certificates of Conformity ... ?

The designations for 2025 onwards are AXAL62 and AXAL64. The reads like a sixth generation to me so a whole new body shell. And Plug-in models only? That might make sense ...

Or it could all be an illusion! 😉 

Edit: mine is an AXAH54 so the theory has passed its first hurdle ... 😉

PHEV dynamic MY21 = AXAP54(N)

• Like 1

RAV Dynamic Hybrid 4WD 2021. AXAL54(N) 

so L not plug in designation. 

2 hours ago, robo1 said:

RAV Dynamic Hybrid 4WD 2021. AXAL54(N) 

so L not plug in designation. 

No, I suspect that it is L for Lithium (battery). The original hybrids (like mine) used nickel-metal hydride Battery technology; the newer ones are lithium-ion ... I think ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Googling Toyota AXAL54 brings up a product safety data sheet which says it’s a lithium Battery so your theory seems to be correct. I always thought the Battery was a NIckel Metal Hydride Battery as it was manufactured in Sept 2020 with delivery in March 2021. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2024 at 10:44 AM, kucyk said:

Honestly for me, and it's in my priority order...

1. Some luxury interior options. It's all a bit drab on the PHEV.

2. More electric power including especially the rear electric power and increase in overall power. 170hp rear motor would be nice.

3. Larger area displays for infotainment and driver combi with wireless android auto. Decent sound system option thrown in.

4. A decent MyT App with more functions which are also reliable.

5. Kick sensor boot opening.

6. High power mains outlet in the boot. Like the Americans get. So I can use my power tools off it when I'm doing up a priority or whatever.

7. Digital rear view mirror.

8. A 60+ miles average EV range Battery

9. An autonomous drone I can send out to look at the roads ahead and feed that back through the infotainment system. And an electric scooter that can be pulled out from the rear of the car and which charges off the traction Battery.

10. Laser and radar jammer system to defeat speeding sensors. I just received a ticket - first one in about a decade I think. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

@Nick72, 9 and 10 sound absolutely essential 😇

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

2. More electric power including especially the rear electric power and increase in overall power. 170hp rear motor would be nice.

3. Larger area displays for infotainment and driver combi with wireless android auto. Decent sound system option thrown in.

6. High power mains outlet in the boot. Like the Americans get. So I can use my power tools off it when I'm doing up a priority or whatever.

8. A 60+ miles average EV range battery. 

9. An autonomous drone I can send out to look at the roads ahead and feed that back through the infotainment system. And an electric scooter that can be pulled out from the rear of the car and which charges off the traction battery.

10. Laser and radar jammer system to defeat speeding sensors. I just received a ticket - first one in about a decade I think. 

Love it! :laugh:  I'd be up for all those things; They clearly need to get you on the planning and decision teams at Toyota :laugh: 

• Thanks 1

No.2 for me 170 bhp rear motor, we tow a caravan our previous 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV on hills towing the 60kW rear motor would kick in on steep hills and assist the ICE unit. 

• Like 1

Longer EV range, much better fit for purpose quality plastics in boot and door shut areas, carpet lined boot, higher towing limit (look at the updated Kuga which is gunning for the towing market). 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Nick72 said:

9. An autonomous drone I can send out to look at the roads ahead and feed that back through the infotainment system. And an electric scooter that can be pulled out from the rear of the car and which charges off the traction battery.

I mention this before and I think the UK market is stingy with their models, here in Greece we have a choice of 5 PHEV Models at the moment and 7 HEV models (Toyota Hellas)

1, personal preference I suppose, I'm quite happy with mine

2, I have rear power 12v and 230v 150w

3, 10.5" Multimedia screen. Advanced JBL music system. Yes a wireless Android Auto option would be nice.

4, It's something I don't often use but I can't see why Toyota can't upgrade this as time goes on.

5, I have this

6, As mentioned in "2"

7, May be nice to have but if they use the same rear reversing camera it's probably useless in poor weather. A rear camera wash would be more beneficial

8, I get 50miles/80km, more range, more the outlay, more the weight and more gasoline

9, Now you're dreaming, Google maps do this to a certain extent. I also have 360* degree camera

10, Tough but it does happen to most at some point. Again Google tells you where they are on route and you should have speed warning sign and audible warning if you have it set up correctly.

Two annoying things I find are the seat belt buckle is had to locate, especially with an arthritic wrist, only one electric seat and a passenger seat that doesn't have a height adjustment. (Greed Mr Toyota)This and the rest I will just have to live with.

• Like 1

Strangely in the Ford Kuga user manually is states not to tow in EV mode, beside the power unit failures one of the reasons I cancelled my order

2 hours ago, GBgraham said:

I mention this before and I think the UK market is stingy with their models, here in Greece we have a choice of 5 PHEV Models at the moment and 7 HEV models (Toyota Hellas)

1, personal preference I suppose, I'm quite happy with mine

2, I have rear power 12v and 230v 150w

3, 10.5" Multimedia screen. Advanced JBL music system. Yes a wireless Android Auto option would be nice.

4, It's something I don't often use but I can't see why Toyota can't upgrade this as time goes on.

5, I have this

6, As mentioned in "2"

7, May be nice to have but if they use the same rear reversing camera it's probably useless in poor weather. A rear camera wash would be more beneficial

8, I get 50miles/80km, more range, more the outlay, more the weight and more gasoline

9, Now you're dreaming, Google maps do this to a certain extent. I also have 360* degree camera

10, Tough but it does happen to most at some point. Again Google tells you where they are on route and you should have speed warning sign and audible warning if you have it set up correctly.

Two annoying things I find are the seat belt buckle is had to locate, especially with an arthritic wrist, only one electric seat and a passenger seat that doesn't have a height adjustment. (Greed Mr Toyota)This and the rest I will just have to live with.

Thanks. 9 and 10bfor comedy purpose only. Although probably a reality in 10 years.  😉

We also get the JBL although now removed from the GR Sport. However, I wouldn't suggest it is a good sound system. It's very average. 

We also get the 150W output but frankly that's useless for anything other than charging a laptop. My laptop consumes 230W so it's already a useless addition. In the USA they get 1.5kW or is it 3kW I can't recall on their outlet. Now that's useful for power tools, microwave ovens and more. 

I also get 50 miles on average through the year. Close on 60 in summer but close on 40 in the winter. But it would be better for my use at least to be above 60 miles yearly average.

Got the 10.5 inch display. Still far too small compared to the competitors and a faff trying to press the right on-screen button in various apps because it's just all too small. 12 inch would be better.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Number 6: phev gr sport has a 230v 1.5 kw in the boot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Torrox said:

Number 6: phev gr sport has a 230v 1.5 kw in the boot.

UK version or Euro?

I've seen some photos of the GR Sport where there's only a 12V socket and no 230 240V. Unclear which market. Keen to know what's in the UK version.

I looked at it at my dealer here in uk. I am quite sure it says 230v, 1500w.

• Like 1

Mine is only 150w

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Oscarmax said:

Mine is only 150w

... I am quite sure it 1500w and yours is an Across so not quite the same ! I spent times looking at the boot because I want a spar tyre, so if iirc in the boot it has a 12v and a 230v power.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

UK version or Euro?

I've seen some photos of the GR Sport where there's only a 12V socket and no 230 240V. Unclear which market. Keen to know what's in the UK version.

I would hazard a guess that the PHEV are the only model with a 220v socket, mine is listed as 150w which is enough to recharge most Battery powered hand tools. FY I think most Of our American friends are on or around 120v so amps multiply (circa x2) to greater current draw UK 3kw/240v=12.5a USA 120v/3kw =25a

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links