Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Benefits of Toyota app?

chazbri

Having just picked up a new YC last Friday when the salesperson seemed very keen for me to integrate my I phone with the car has any one any thoughts or comments to make on the benefits or otherwise on this. My series 7 I phone wouldn't connect, presumably because its old and has software issues now, but my new I pad has done  anyone any suggestions why the salesperson would be so enthusiastic about the pairing?

Remote control of the car 🙂   try for yourself and check if it suits you. At first I was sceptical but with the temperatures below zero, when I was able to remotely start the car and defrost, this was really helpful. 

• Like 1

I have an even older iPhone 6s and that connects and works fine 

Hands free call and text replies. 

1 minute ago, Bernard Foy said:

Hands free call and text replies. 

that's Android Auto / Apple Carplay + bluetooth features of the multimedia system, has nothing to do with MyToyota app actually 🙂

2 hours ago, hind said:

that's Android Auto / Apple Carplay + bluetooth features of the multimedia system, has nothing to do with MyToyota app actually 🙂

Correct and has everything to do with creating a login on the Toyota site and then using those login details for the MyToyota app. I suspect that was what the dealer was on about.

The MyT(oyota) app has many benefits such as the remote control as has already been outlined but also keeping track of your service history, mileage and how well you are using the Hybrid system amongst others...

(you should be aware that your car reports back to the "mothership" periodically and this has nothing to do with whether your phone is connected or not. However, you can (probably) use any smartphone to run the app and look at all the stuff that the car generates.)

Edited by CPN
Note that you are getting this data from Toyota's servers and NOT directly from your car.

You can make calls without Android Auto.  I am not sure about text.  I have not used this for some time but it was not as easy as with AA or Car Play 

Topic moved to Toyota MyT/ Toyota Apps forum.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links