Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

EPB parts cost........🤯

Jim-p

Just priced an EPB module for my 2011 avensis from Toyota. 1,900 before vat of 23%. Giving a grand total of €2,337. Toyota should be embarrassed to quote a price like that.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jim-p said:

Toyota should be embarrassed to quote a price like that.

As we're an independent Club and Toyota don't visit, it's a bit of a wasted comment.

To rub salt in the wound, you can't currently get one. I have one on order and it is £845 in the UK, check with your dealer, the part has been superseded a few times  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

To rub salt in the wound, you can't currently get one. I have one on order and it is £845 in the UK, check with your dealer, the part has been superseded a few times  

Thanks for the response. They never mentioned that, I will check the story with them out of curiosity.  Although I doubt many have followed through with an order at those prices. There's a significant price difference between Ireland and the UK as well. I need to price it up north.

If you PM the VIN number I will check out the part number and cost for you 

• Thanks 1

Toyota said it should be about a week or two.

epb's for the Avensis are very hard to get hold of, one member has had one one backorder for 6+ months with the car taken off the road  some other parts are on continuous back order like the Urban cruiser 4x4 clutches that is going on 2 years

It's not just Toyota it's with may other marques as well

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/6/2024 at 5:08 PM, flash22 said:

epb's for the Avensis are very hard to get hold of, one member has had one one backorder for 6+ months with the car taken off the road  some other parts are on continuous back order like the Urban cruiser 4x4 clutches that is going on 2 years

It's not just Toyota it's with may other marques as well

I was reading that story of the person waiting for months. I felt for him and his situation. And to be fair, sometimes these situations are beyond the manufacturers as well, what with supply chains going haywire over covid etc. I can understand that too.

I can only assume that the supply chain issues are contributing heavily to the price.

28 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

If you PM the VIN number I will check out the part number and cost for you 

Thanks a million for that, will grab it and send it on.

Well, i,m the guy who has waited now 7 months , with weekly promises of ETA but it is all rubbish ,the latest deadline has now past ,and there is now no new ETA, according to main dealers .  as for the comment that Toyota dont read this forum , Let it be a warning g to others .. Toyota you are not doing your reputation any good  , My car was purchased new , full service history, only 46,000 miles immaculate ..   if you have any trouble with your EPB be prepared to scrap your car ,,, High cost of replacement ,no aftermarket ,cannot be repaired and no spares available ,, {My particular part was only fitted for 3 months ]  

• Sad 3

I wonder if you can bodge one from a different car, or maybe someone makes a pattern part? The Avensis was popular enough I'd be surprised if nobody made them...

• Like 2

On 2/6/2024 at 8:02 PM, Cyker said:

I wonder if you can bodge one from a different car, or maybe someone makes a pattern part? The Avensis was popular enough I'd be surprised if nobody made them...

I assume you'd need to get an auto engineer to approve same for insurance purposes etc. But at those prices, it is surprising that some sort of alternative hasn't made it to market. 

Having done some calling today. Turns out someone I know had same issue with their car about a year ago, a 2015 T27. She used a guy locally to program in a second hand one from a scrapped car. Turns out I had gone to him before to fix a recurring problem with an airbag light. He has a good rep. Significantly cheaper. Her's is working away fine since.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, valentino46 said:

Well, i,m the guy who has waited now 7 months , with weekly promises of ETA but it is all rubbish ,the latest deadline has now past ,and there is now no new ETA, according to main dealers .  as for the comment that Toyota dont read this forum , Let it be a warning g to others .. Toyota you are not doing your reputation any good  , My car was purchased new , full service history, only 46,000 miles immaculate ..   if you have any trouble with your EPB be prepared to scrap your car ,,, High cost of replacement ,no aftermarket ,cannot be repaired and no spares available ,, {My particular part was only fitted for 3 months ]  

@valentino46, read your posts and that's a tough situation. I can fully appreciate your frustration with Toyota. If the auto electrician can't sort mine then I'm goosed too. 167k km on the clock, it's in good nick. I'd certainly think twice about Toyota again. Every make can have their lemons but 2.5k for a darn handbrake? It's not like it's an M5 BMer.  Anyway, I hope you can get it sorted as soon as possible. Wishing you best of luck with it. If the guy sorts mine, you can send your car down this way. Won't be new parts but would be back on the road. Will update how I go.

• Like 1

Thankyou  everyone for your support regarding my long awaited  EPB , i have asked TOYOTA GB many times what is going on ,and we do know its a supply issue ,but the promised arrival of said part ,could have been better explained months ago ,instead of promises...  if anyone else has this problem ,and more will surely need one as time goes on , please keep on asking the question of toyota gb ,,also ,please ,if anyone finds a solution please let us know .THANKYOU.

• Like 1

I have been waiting months for a Range Rover part, was chatting to the local dealer yesterday, the Aftersales Manager is having a breakdown, 18 Technicians, 26 ramps, all tied up with dead ducks where parts cannot be sourced. JLR are moving 3 warehouses into one, it should have taken two weeks, I think they are on week 21 now and still not resolved...........sometimes I am grateful that we do have SOME supply issues, but nothing on the scale of JLR 

• Like 3

Toyota have always been exceptionally good with their logistics - I've often been surprised at how quickly they can get stuff to my dealer (Like the windscreen for my Mk4, when Autoglass couldn't even get one after 3 months! :laugh: ), and they did it not once but twice!! (Due to the first one getting damaged).

Both times literally a day and a half and it was at the dealer waiting for them to give me an install slot.

Given how how much their supply chain has been hit, from brexit, to covid, to war, to some of their suppliers factories blowing up, it's pretty impressive how resilient it's been!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Parts-King said:

I have been waiting months for a Range Rover part, was chatting to the local dealer yesterday, the Aftersales Manager is having a breakdown, 18 Technicians, 26 ramps, all tied up with dead ducks where parts cannot be sourced. JLR are moving 3 warehouses into one, it should have taken two weeks, I think they are on week 21 now and still not resolved...........sometimes I am grateful that we do have SOME supply issues, but nothing on the scale of JLR 

Don't Tata own them now? I thought they'd be better than that. We've been kind of spoilt in the west for so long I suppose. We're not used to having to wait for any sort of products. The last few years have been an eye opener. The wait times on new cars and especially farm machinery, can run over a year now.

Did the dealer provide replacement vehicles for their customers? What do you do when your car is out of action for that long? No choice but buy I suppose, cheaper than any sort of rental.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cyker said:

Toyota have always been exceptionally good with their logistics - I've often been surprised at how quickly they can get stuff to my dealer (Like the windscreen for my Mk4, when Autoglass couldn't even get one after 3 months! :laugh: ), and they did it not once but twice!! (Due to the first one getting damaged).

Both times literally a day and a half and it was at the dealer waiting for them to give me an install slot.

Given how how much their supply chain has been hit, from brexit, to covid, to war, to some of their suppliers factories blowing up, it's pretty impressive how resilient it's been!

It's a fair point. Covid caused carnage for supply lines, yet they coped really well.

• Like 2

is it not possible to repair these ourselves easy enough i wonder with new handbrake cable and cleaning the motherboard and soldering i wonder 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jim-p said:

Don't Tata own them now?

Yes - bought JLR from Ford.

Have also reportedly been fitting used parts to reduce the stockpile of vehicles awaiting repair ....

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, 2009joe said:

is it not possible to repair these ourselves easy enough i wonder with new handbrake cable and cleaning the motherboard and soldering i wonder 

It doesn't look like it. Usually, you'd find some wiz on YouTube who'd have cracked it but I couldn't find any. There are guys up there doing the reprogramming of salvaged ones to a new car but not repair.

Not sure how bad mine is. I think the motherboard is OK as it is still running the motor. It won't retract the handbrake properly on first attempt. But I suspect it's on the verge of failure as it runs longer than expected and it feels like it's riding threads or something on the cable - there's a low clicking noise like it can't get a grip. So I could be lucky and just have corroded cables that can be lubed up or replaced off a scrap car - optimism here. If one uses the manual wind back then I think the epb unit is not usable anymore. Trying to avoid that, so taped over the button today as I've accidentally applied the handbrake twice over the last few days purely out of habit.

• Like 1

I was in the same boat, was going to cost approx.  €2400 and a month wait here in Ireland, so before I payed the non refundable price in full before ordering. I had a look at my calipers, passengers side (which I replaced 2 years ago) was borderline seized, and drivers side one pin was very sticky, so wound back the caliper with some lube it freed up and cleaned and lubed the pin, issue went away for approx. 5 weeks, I haven't had a chance to have a look again but id put money on if I replace the caliper ( €70) it may just solve all my problems. 5 years of ownership with 150k km put on, and countless launches of my small boat (freshwater only) two calipers isn't too bad.  

Rib + car.jpeg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 2009joe said:

It is one complete unit, you cannot buy cables for it

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

It is one complete unit, you cannot buy cables for it

Correct 

image.thumb.png.1205b4bdeb77d660450da9700b14e392.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jim-p said:

Not sure how bad mine is. I think the motherboard is OK as it is still running the motor. It won't retract the handbrake properly on first attempt. But I suspect it's on the verge of failure as it runs longer than expected and it feels like it's riding threads or something on the cable - there's a low clicking noise like it can't get a grip. So I could be lucky and just have corroded cables that can be lubed up or replaced off a scrap car - optimism here. If one uses the manual wind back then I think the epb unit is not usable anymore. Trying to avoid that, so taped over the button today as I've accidentally applied the handbrake twice over the last few days purely out of habit.

Are you absolutely sure it is not a fault with one or both of the calipers? You really need to rule that out before going for a replacement EPB - it is more likely to be the cause, easier to fix and a lot cheaper! Have a look at rob42's post just below yours for an example.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links