Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Winter Starting Issues

gbethell96

Hello,

For the last few winters after heavy rain the Carina E will refuse to start, it cranks but will not fire up. I have checked and there is no spark when cranking. This correlates with the engine managment light not illuminating on ignition when it won't start. When the weather warms up, the warning light illuminates with the ignition on and the car will start again and runs sweet as anything through until next winter.

Has anyone got any ideas? I'm thinking water must be getting under the bonnet somehow and maybe getting the ECU wet? The slight annoyance is the last 3 years when we've got it towed to the garage as soon as it's with them it starts straight away so they have not had any cause to investigate.

I appreciate you reading this and look forward to any light anybody can shed on the subject.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links