Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Covers for 2021 RAV4

Trebor64

Dear Members

All weather car covers, what are your pros and cons for having a car cover?

Are the tailored fit better than a generic fit? 

There is alot of adverts on social media for Car Covers,but who has brought one for their RAV4?

Can you put a cover on a wet car? One supplier states their cover can be placed over a wet car. Is that really a good idea?

Many thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trebor64 said:

Dear Members

All weather car covers, what are your pros and cons for having a car cover?

Are the tailored fit better than a generic fit? 

There is alot of adverts on social media for Car Covers,but who has brought one for their RAV4?

Can you put a cover on a wet car? One supplier states their cover can be placed over a wet car. Is that really a good idea?

Many thanks

I don't think putting the cover on a wet car is a wise move, you are sealing moisture to the car and I would definitely say you will get mildew on the covers inside. Also be aware there will be grime on the car that could cause cause abrasion to the car and will probably build and get embedded into the inside of the cover. 

I bought this from eBay  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126186061308 and it fits perfectly but the straps are not much good, the fit is that good that I don't think you need to use them. I use it if my garage is occupied and we have huge problems with UV here, I'm okay to have the cover wrecked than the car. 

• Like 1

Hi GBgraham

Many thanks for your reply and input regarding a Car Cover. I must admit, I was dubious of a manufacturer stating their cover was suitable for a wet car...

I've been looking. Not so much to keep the elements off it or make it easier to de-ice in some circumstances. Rather because I need a camouflage cover for when I need to hide the car in the woods or forest in the forthcoming apocalypse. Other humans will be the bigger risk versus the extraterrestrials. Just being prepared. I really need a form fit cover with a woodland camouflage (greens in military parlance). Interested in finding out how you get on.

How about military surplus camouflage netting?

It could break up the silhouette of the car maybe better than a close fitting cover.

Plenty on fleabay and other sites.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

How about military surplus camouflage netting?

It could break up the silhouette of the car maybe better than a close fitting cover.

Plenty on fleabay and other sites.

I may need to look at that. Thanks. Good suggestion.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links