Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil and stop light coming on when a while

Dauntless1

After probably 20-30 minutes of driving my oil light and stop light came on when doing low speed but go off when I begin accelerating

I've checked the oil and there's enough in that it's between min and max, anyone exlerienced this before?

I'm worried it's gonna be the oil pump which I've read is expensive to get changed 

5 possible causes of low oil pressure at idle:

1. Poor oil quality 

2. Low engine oil level 

3. Blocked or low-quality oil filter

4. Wrong oil grade

5. Faulty oil pressure gauge

Get the error code read. Whilst the dash shows a light, it could have one of many reasons as to why it's illuminated. 

• Like 1

Has this just occurred and have you noticed any particular noises from the engine. Has the car been serviced lately and regularly oil changes carried out, is the car high mileage.

A few possibly causes can lead to this issue, the first thing I would do is a scan tool to see if any error codes show up. I would also check to see if any oil leaks are present. If no error codes are showing it can be difficult to diagnose as it can require a number of possible faulty parts and some of these have been listed above.

It is possibly that a pressure issue is present and a test will be needed.

Cost is obviously an issue but possible oil pump and pressure sensor changes along with clogged oil filter etc, all have a costs if faulty and unless you are able to do this yourself it may well in the long run to better to take it to a garage for them to diagnose the problem .😄

Most importantly do not use the car until you have solved it. It may be as simple as the sensor being faulty but if the pressure is low you may kill the engine costing thousands.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bper said:

Has this just occurred and have you noticed any particular noises from the engine. Has the car been serviced lately and regularly oil changes carried out, is the car high mileage.

A few possibly causes can lead to this issue, the first thing I would do is a scan tool to see if any error codes show up. I would also check to see if any oil leaks are present. If no error codes are showing it can be difficult to diagnose as it can require a number of possible faulty parts and some of these have been listed above.

It is possibly that a pressure issue is present and a test will be needed.

Cost is obviously an issue but possible oil pump and pressure sensor changes along with clogged oil filter etc, all have a costs if faulty and unless you are able to do this yourself it may well in the long run to better to take it to a garage for them to diagnose the problem .😄

Yes it's just started happening and there hasn't been any noises from the engine, there hasn't been a service lately but I do plan to give it an oil change + filter change before doing anything else

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links