Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Housing Sub Assy, Camshaft problem

Renars

Hi! 

I never thought Toyota could disappoint me like this. In 2015, I bought a new Toyota Auris TS (2012-2018 model). A few weeks ago, the mileage was only 100,000 km. At 97,000 km, "Check Engine" and "Slippery" yellow indicators appeared, with codes P1047 and P1049. I took it to the Toyota service, and they let me down. There were two options – either to change the electronic valve (which projects from the side of the head) or, in the worst case, the entire upper engine head. They recommended driving to see if the error would disappear. The errors reappeared, until the car went into "Safe mode."

Now, the service has said that the engine head needs to be replaced because, after several revisions, the manufacturer has developed a part that necessitates changing everything. This is a known global issue, and Toyota is still looking for a final solution, which now turned out to be much more expensive, costing more than 5,000 EUR. A slightly used Toyota, I told everyone.

Currently, I am confused. Another service suggested that it might be more economical to get a different engine from a donor, as putting in a new engine is more advantageous. Meanwhile, I see that online (in Eastern Europe, UAE, etc.), this part can be purchased for just over 1,000 EUR. The local service offers it for 2,900 EUR (excluding labor), but the official Toyota service asks for 4,663 EUR (with labor). The local service also doesn't know what's best to recommend, as they don't want to take responsibility due to the high part price (no guarantee that something won't fit, etc.), and they also lack experience with this particular problem.

The part number is specified: 11107-37017. Additional images from the service are also attached. Has anyone encountered something like this?

Please help! 

Thanks

Amserv_Diagnostika_17.11.2023.jpeg

Amserv_Remonta izmaksu tame_27.12.2023.jpeg

AmservDiagnotika4.jpeg

AmservDiagnotika3.jpeg

Good Evening Really, how much will a whole second-hand motor cost you? Since they do not give a guarantee they are not sure of their work. Have you done market research for motors? My opinion is that for such a fault we change the motor. It is almost certain that if you go on such an adventure it will cost you much more, without having a certified car m

Ok, sound logical. I am also not sure about the whole engine change. Sounds weird.  I am still thinking about the main cause - Valve lift controller. Can you tell me about this option to change the controller?

I found on eBay and also seller told me, that this part perfectly fits for my model. It is used and very much cheaper than new which also costs quite expensive ~800 eur, but this used for ~150 eur. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175437918814?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11051.m43.l1123&mkcid=26&ch=osgood&euid=728b2ed6037c4b67b221e1ab8261a1cf&bu=43496935360&osub=-1~1&crd=20240212215625&segname=11051

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links