Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2006 Corolla 1.4D-4D Caliper Carrier

HelioMV

Hi everyone!

So my front driver side brakes got seized and extremely hot on my 2006 Corolla Colour Collection 1.4D-4D. After getting it home, the next day I noticed the caliper carrier had a completely rotten guide pin, which doesn't seem to be the issue (new caliper, disc, pads in progress). I tried everything, WD, blowtorch to expand carrier and water to cool pin etc but it was so rotten and fused as one to the bore of the carrier due to a bad seal. TL;DR it snapped in the carrier. After many panicky hours dremelling, drilling, milling and punching, I now have a functional carrier with a new set of pins, seals and grease, but the hole that the old pin snapped off in is now bigger by 1/2mm or so. It's functional and apart from the heat from a seizing caliper and a warped disc, but I really don't think this is a brilliant solution long term and need a new carrier.

The only viable option I can see is a TRW BDA1024 (front right (driver's side)) https://www.mister-auto.ie/carrier-brake-caliper/trw/bda1024/ but when I put in my details it says it's not compatible. It is compatible with the 1.4, 1.6, 1.8 vvti and 2.0D-4D but seemingly not my 1.4D-4D. I find it funny, as if it covers everything from the dinky 1.4 petrol to 2L diesel, why wouldn't it cover mine? Can anyone give me clarity on this, all eBay listings and sites say they cannot confim compatibility.

Thanks for the help,

Helio

Hello mate, thanks for the help but that is rear carrier (BDA1035 & 1035), and there's no issue finding those.

Should I just chance it and order the 1024?

Thx,

Helio

• Like 1

Hi Helio, According to a couple of sites your 1024 no isn't compatible. Unless you get a definitive reply then I would contact a Toyota parts or reliable parts /spares and give them you vin number,reg etc. 

I assume it must be specific for your model and I would definitely check it's suitable before purchase at least this way you know it will fit.:smile:

Hi,

You should be able to get the right part number by looking it up on one of these site, you need your VIN number for most of them.

toyota.7zap.com, megazip, toyodiy and Toyota.epc-data

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links