Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Prius priced from £37,515

FROSTYBALLS

No mention of 360 cameras or heated steering wheel.  I would be pretty disappointed if they are not included, especially after experiencing how good they were on the BZ4X.....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not been on the forum for a while but today my gen4 PIP had a service and the MrT salesman said the new gen5 PIP was available to order (£500 deposit) with delivery in June 😮  but they had no brochure and no other info other than what was on their website. So here I am seeing what the forum has to say.

I see it has a bigger Battery for a bit more EV range but it looks like it will still only charge at 3.5kW and not 7kW (the gen5 full charge times have increased from the gen4 times).  Not sure if my dealer will have one in the showroom for a test drive but you never know. They were very pro plugins when they first appeared.  In fact they have just opened up a BYD dealership next door. Not sure I am ready to go full EV due the very patchy nature of the charging network. Having a tank of petrol for longer journeys is a great comfort.

• Like 2

Heeey, welcome back! :smile:

I think we're lucky to even get the Mk5 as they weren't going to bring it here originally as they didn't think the sales would justify it.

So far it sounds like it's followed the trend of the newer vehicles - Sacrificed some practicality but made the car more engaging to drive.

It still has the advantage that Toyota PHEVs have over almost all the competition, i.e. that the car is naturally efficient, so unlike other PHEVs, where if you run out of Battery the mpg is dreadful, the baseline Mk5 mpg is still pretty good.

I've watched a lot of reviews and it's really bizarre how reviewers who traditionally mocked the Prius love the new one. :laugh: 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links