Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

So pleased I bought a Toyota! Plus a mystery was solved.

Pannett

Today I took our Corolla into Stoneacre Toyota Stockton for them to investigate the three failures of the central locking. The only fault logged was that a key was detected in the car preventing it from being locked. It's possible on the first occasion that my wife may have left her key in the car, but the other two are not due to that. Because the central locking works normally, I'll keep a note of any other failures. They did their best and I'm happy.

Mystery solved: I asked on the forum about a plastic panel fixed at the base of the rear hatch window, which no one could answer. Today I found out that it's there to hide the boot contents when the boot cover is in use. Clever!

I must praise Stonegate Toyota. I received an e-mail after I'd booked the car in with a pre-diagnostic form, a reminder e-mail for the appointment and a vehicle health check report arrived after my visit. I arrived early, but the car was seen to immediately while I waited. The staff were very informative and even checked the key fob Battery for me. The car was washed and the interior was vacuum cleaned. The showroom is immaculate and hot & cold drinks and biscuits were on offer. Although my previous Skoda dealer was good, the Toyota dealer is better, as of course is the car! The hybrid drive is a miracle as far as I am concerned: 56 mpg from a 2-litre petrol engine is stunning and the seamless % e-drive usage is 40%+.

PS I've ordered a copy of the manual. Although it's available online, a printed version means I can sit in the car to make changes plus I'm old school and prefer books to online reading. It's £36 but well worth it for me.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Pannett said:

I've ordered a copy of the manual. Although it's available online, a printed version means I can sit in the car to make changes plus I'm old school and prefer books to online reading. It's £36 but well worth it for me.

I that a printed version of the online manual? 

The abbreviated handbook that comes with the car is typically 200+ pages.  The online version is 600+.

I agree that browsing the printed page is good.   You can remember things like left or right page, the position in the book, and the position on a page. 

An online search however overcomes the limitations of the printed index.

I've ordered the full 600-page manual.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links