Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Protecting your No Claims Bonus.

Haliotis

I believe this adds about 19% onto the insurance premium.  But with renewal premiums rising annually by eye-watering amounts, plus the fact that your premium increases even if you have a “no fault” claim, what benefits do you actually get by paying for your N.C.B?

I never add any extras to my car insurance. I don't want a rental car or bonus protection or any of the other money eating add ons that they try to sell you.

I had a claim and it did not make the slightest difference to my NCD even though I was legally to blame because it was cheaper to accept liability than to not accept it, that's another problem with driving, it should never be cheaper to accept blame than to tell the truth.

All the No Claims Bonus or Discount does is to protect the amount of bonus/discount one receives - it doesn't protect the  premium from increasing. The clue is in the name .....

In the event of a claim, depending on one's insurer and how many claims have been made, the bonus/discount may reduce on a sliding scale. With some insurers the bonus/discount won't reduce regardless of the number of claims.

Topic moved to Insurance Discussions.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links