Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Connected DCM

Kogo

Hi all, I recently purchased a personalised number plate for my Aygo X, but haven't been able to use the MyT or newer MyToyota app. Both apps don't recognise the new registration mark. Now that aside, according to the MyToyota customer service, the reason I can't add my Aygo to either app is because I don't have a fitted DCM. Strangely though, when I had my old Aygo Mk 1, I was able to use the MyT app no problem. It is rather puzzling.

I can sign into my Toyota account via a Web browser and my details are there including the new registration number.

Has anyone else had any difficulties?

Just to clarify the new registration number was purchased through the DVLA, and I have my new V5C confirming the change of registration. My insurance company are aware of the change too.

It just seems odd that since I changed the registration plate I can't use the apps and it's because of the DCM?

Cheers

Kogo

You cant use the App because it won't recognise the private registration, the DVLA don't tell Toyota about the change, try the original registration or chassis number

As for App you may get a short while out of the old MyT app (Red app symbol) however it is being discontinued, the new MyT app (Black app symbol) will only work if the car has a DCM (Data communication module) as the App setup requires live information from the car and Aygo did not get a DCM until 2021 models 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that. Just downloaded the older MyT app and yes my Aygo is there along with the new registration number.

How daft is it that Toyota have upgraded the app, but it doesn't allow for use with pre 2021 models. Seems a tad stupid to me.

Cheers

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links