Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

BAD ECU code B2799

Helpneeded

23 minutes ago, flash22 said:

op has the code B2799, not a cam or crank code, going with numerous other examples and data this is likely to be an electrical issue with the immobiliser

there are 2 causes 3 powers to the immobilizer or it is ground-related, B2799 can be caused by the ground the coils use on the head this is also related to the DLC ground

yes someone has shot the parts cannon at it already

I can't disagree with you because I don't have enough information but groundings usually have many circuits on the same ground point so one would expect other circuit malfunctions, this is why I asked for what was happening or not when it failed to start. Apparently the fuses have been checked so I presume the fuse holders are okay and no high resistances. From the info we have been given it seems to fail to start after it was stopped after the car has reached it's operating temperature which could point to a circuit high resistance. Also it could point a crank sensor fault which isn't forced to throw up a code. What we do know is that cars are damn fickle devils 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links