Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dashcam

1dave

Hi folks, I'm likely to be buying a '23 plate corolla 2.0 and would like a front Dashcam.

As far as I can see the main dealer don't fit these and the Halfords website says they don't fit them to hybrids (I want one fitted in not attached to 12v socket).

I would welcome advice/opinions.

Thanks

Toyota main dealers do fit Dashcams as they are doing one for me 

Main dealers have a default Dashcam - Nextbase.  Don't accept the Dashcam they offer you (off the shelf).  Have a look at Nextbase.co.uk see their whole range and check out direct buy discounts.  They also offer professional installation. 

There are other dashcams too.  The garage should fit it for you, but check before you buy.

Toyota Dealers fit the Nextbase 380GW ( for both front and rear it is 380 GWX, I would definitely think about getting the rear one fitted as well, very useful if you get bumped from behind). This is NextBase's Commercial model, designed for fleets of trucks and Vans. It is a very tough, reliable, workhorse type of thing. Halfords fit quite a wide range, including ones that are cheaper that Toyota Dealers (they definitely do fit to Hybrids, it's no different to fit Dash Cams to a Hybrid) normal price, although, if you ask nicely, I expect Toyota Dealer  will come up with a discount. [ I have the front and rear 380GWX in my Auris, very happy with them]. Cheers, Mark

• Like 1

Thanks folks, much appreciated.

I’ve had Nextbase and wouldn’t buy another. Now have Finevu gx1000 front and rear with parking mode. 
for expect advice check www.dashcams.co.uk they fit at your home or workplace and very experienced and knowledgeable. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1dave said:

Hi folks, I'm likely to be buying a '23 plate corolla 2.0 and would like a front dashcam.

As far as I can see the main dealer don't fit these and the Halfords website says they don't fit them to hybrids (I want one fitted in not attached to 12v socket).

I would welcome advice/opinions.

Thanks

Toyota dealers do fit them. Halfrauds and the like don't want to work on Hybrids, they have no idea about them and won't pay for training 

• Like 1

Halfords do fit to hybrids, at least they did for mine.

• Like 1

Just now, Bernard Foy said:

Halfords do fit to hybrids, at least they did for mine.

Yes. Fitted front and rear Nextbase ones to my Prius (Hybrid or not doesn't come into fitting Dash Cams, its just connections to the fuse box)

• Like 1

• Hi, I know chatbots are rubbish but this is the response from Halfords. They say they don't fit to hybrids, I think I'll speak to a person or try the alternative suggested.

do you fit dashcams to hybrids

• H
    Are any of these questions helpful? Please say no if none apply
    Halfords Virtual Assistant

•  
    Halfords Mobile Expert - Can you fit a dash cam into my electric or hybrid vehicle?

• No, we are unable to fit dash cams into electric or hybrid vehicles.

My personal opinion is that you should be thankful they won't do it at Halfrauds. You would get a better job done in the primate area at London Zoo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My advice would to buy front and rear set which are capacitor based dash cams, get a pro fitter from online or FB group to fit. The viofo 2k or 4k duo have good reviews. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 1dave said:

• Hi, I know chatbots are rubbish but this is the response from halfords. They say they don't fit to hybrids, I think I'll speak to a person or try the alternative suggested.

do you fit dashcams to hybrids

• H
    Are any of these questions helpful? Please say no if none apply
    Halfords Virtual Assistant

•  
    Halfords Mobile Expert - Can you fit a dash cam into my electric or hybrid vehicle?

• No, we are unable to fit dash cams into electric or hybrid vehicles.

Yeah, just go into the nearest Halfords shop and ask,  they will sort you out. 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mojo1010 said:

My advice would to buy front and rear set which are capacitor based dash cams, get a pro fitter from online or FB group to fit. The viofo 2k or 4k duo have good reviews. 

Viofo have very very good reputation

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 1dave said:

Thanks folks, much appreciated.

Dave, if you do go to Halfords, do buy a well proven brand like Next Base or Viofo . Don’t be persuaded into buying the brand that they want to sell you and if they won’t install it tell them to keep it.

• Like 2

Toyota dealers do fit dashcams. They did mine with a Nextbase 380GW. No problem with it at all. I did make sure that they connected it so it only works with ignition on. Not a live permanent feed that can drain the Battery when car is not used. I would not recommend Halfords to fit one.

• Like 1

Toyota fitted my own Dashcam to my first C-HR. When I part exchanged this, they fitted a new Nextbase 322GW Dashcam to my current C-HR.

Another Toyota Dealer fitted the Nextbase 380GW to my wife's Yaris.

Here are the the Official fitting instructions, from Toyota, to fit the Nextbase 380GW to a C-HR

Toyota_C-HR_GR_RHD_Dashcam_Front_PW6A3_00110_AIM_006_137_1.pdf

• Like 1

would you happen to have install instruction for a yaris 2023 perhaps front and rear Nextbase camera by chance

• Like 1

Toyota fitted the dash cams on my 22 plate Yaris and on buying the 24 plate transferred the both cams and wiring loom of the cams to the one I have now. They wouldn't reduce the price any further so I made it a deal breaker to transfer or the deal is off!!

2 minutes ago, russy1966 said:

would you happen to have install instruction for a yaris 2023 perhaps front and rear nextbase camera by chance

Big D posted fitting instructions on the forum 15 hours ago. 

• Like 1

this was for the CHR wondered if he had the yaris version as perhaps wiring locations was different or could be. thanks in advance  

Have you thought about using an auto electrician in your area?, I have blackvue front and rear dashcams powered by a blackvue Battery which is hardwired into the car so the cameras dont draw any power from the car when it’s switched off, and thus I have parking mode, I used a local guy to remove everything from my last car and fit it to this one, he also was an approved installer for garmin and could fit their cameras although I never saw what type he used..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Big D posted fitting instructions on the forum 15 hours ago. 

17 minutes ago, russy1966 said:

would you happen to have install instruction for a yaris 2023 perhaps front and rear nextbase camera by chance

You might well be able to get help from the Nextbase website. If you go onto their website, there is a tab, "Assistance", at the top middle of the homepage. If you click on that, there are links for support, contact us and installation guides.

wonderfull many thank sir 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links